Primer builds and deploys mission-ready AI solutions that meet rapidly evolving defense and security needs. Primer is recognized for fast speed to deployment, powered by a proven ML infrastructure, and the high performance and accuracy of AI/ML models required to inform critical decision making. Primer’s AI capabilities scale from off-the-shelf applications to secure on-premises deployments, trained on state-of-the-art custom models against customer data sets. Multiple National Security and Intelligence Community (IC) agencies as well as global commercial enterprises trust Primer with next-generation AI technologies that accelerate decision superiority. For more information, visit https://primer.ai
Primer is proud to be recognized on two of Built In’s “2022 Best Places to Work” lists. For the second year in a row, Primer was one of the “Best Midsize Companies to Work For” – ranked No. 21 out of 100 companies – and named as one of the “Best Places to Work” in the San Francisco Bay Area.
About the role:
As a Customer Success Manager, you will manage and expand Primer's work with U.S. national security customers, particularly within the U.S. Intelligence Community and Department of Defense. You will leverage a blend of domain knowledge, project management, and interpersonal communication skills to nurture customer relationships, onboard and train customers on Primer’s applications, and shape and deliver solutions.
Primer is made up of individuals with a deep knowledge of government customers, in particular, the IC and DoD. Customer Success Managers are charged with ensuring customer mission impact by deepening customer relationships, seeking opportunities to strengthen customer usage and satisfaction, and driving product development by channeling customer feedback back to Primer’s product and engineering teams.
Working closely with Primer’s broader Go-to-Market team, you will interface with senior officials and end users at customer organizations to understand their challenges and identify opportunities for Primer’s applications to support their needs. Our goal is to help design and deliver AI-driven, mission-essential tools to the IC, DoD, and other government customers.
Role Responsibilities - How You Will Make An Impact:
- Build trusted relationships with our customers to foster renewals and expansions
- Plan, manage, and track Primer’s customer engagements
- Ensure the timely execution of contractual deliverables and other project management requirements
- Understand and interpret customer needs, workflows and product feedback to influence product design, enhancement, and deployments
- Promote customer adoption using customized on-boarding and training to help customers derive value from Primer’s applications
- Support public sector sales and marketing activities, to include identifying expansion opportunities within assigned customer engagements
Relevant Skills & Experiences:
- United States citizenship is required for this position as a result of contractual requirements with the United States government
- 8+ years of professional experience working in or with the U.S. Intelligence Community and/or U.S. Department of Defense
- Proven ability to work independently as well as on small, mission-driven teams
- High emotional intelligence and ability to think about solutions from a customer perspective
- Excellent interpersonal & written communication skills – you will be the face of Primer to customers
- Excellent influence & advocacy skills - both externally and internally
- Ability to attend periodic in-person meetings at customer locations, requiring travel and compliance with customer requirements
- TS/SCI clearance is preferred
- Bonus points for knowledge of and experience with the following: U.S. acquisition processes, software development cycle, key machine learning concepts, contract execution, proposal writing, or consulting
The annual cash compensation range for this position is US$121,000 to US$172,000. Final compensation will be determined based on experience and skills and may vary from the range listed above.
COVID - 19: This role requires compliance with all federal mandates and regulations applicable to federal contractors and subcontractors, as they change over time, including Covid-19 vaccination mandates.
What We Offer
We are a series C funded company with investors from Lux Capital, Amplify Partners, Addition Capital, Bloomberg Beta, and others.
We are intentional around building a diverse and inclusive team of subject matter experts to better advocate for the needs of our users.
We care a lot about our work and about the well being of our team. We encourage everyone to work at a sustainable pace and have an unlimited vacation policy for team members to utilize, Wellness Days and 100% paid leave for parents of growing families.
We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits. This includes full medical, dental, and vision coverage, fertility benefits through Carrot, mental health coverage on demand with Ginger, 401(k) (US employees), remote work stipends, and monthly internet allowance.
Primer is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Please see the United States Department of Labor's EEO poster and EEO poster supplement for additional information.
If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.