Primer exists to make the world a safer place. We do this by providing trusted decision-ready AI to the world's most critical organizations. Our software enables leaders, operators, and analysts to better understand the changing world around us in real time and make informed decisions when the stakes are high. Primer has offices in Arlington, VA and San Francisco, CA. For more information, please visit https://primer.ai/
About the Role:
As a Forward Deployed Engineer at Primer, you’ll leverage your engineering skills along with our AI technology to help national security organizations solve some of their toughest challenges.
Role Responsibilities - How You Will Make An Impact
- Work directly with national security customers who are leveraging Primer’s products to understand their use cases, scope technical requirements for enhancements, design and implement successful solutions
- Dig into software source code to customize, integrate, and troubleshoot customer facing product deployments
- Train, deploy, and tune machine learning models on customer data sets
- Partner with our product management and engineering teams to identify and prioritize feature development based on customer feedback
Relevant Skills & Experiences:
- Active security clearance required
- Must be located in the DC metro area
- Professional experience developing Python applications - our solutions are built using Python
- Linux proficiency - you’ll need to know your way around a Linux shell in order to run our software
- Experience with Python DevOps workflows - you’ll help design and implement a delivery approach for our code
- Hands-on experience with a cloud services provider
- Strong communication skills - you’ll be part of a team working directly with Primer customers
- Direct experience with the isolated C2S region of AWS
- Familiarity with machine learning techniques
- Experience with natural language processing (NLP)
- Experience with the Flask framework
- Experience with data ingestion and processing systems at scale
- Front-end development experience (React)
Any offer of employment is conditioned on an applicant or employee being able to meet any applicable government contract requirements. Applicants will be asked if they are legally authorized to work in the United States and if they now or in the future will require employment visa sponsorship. If an employment offer is made, applicants will be asked to provide information and attestations to a contract compliance officer to ensure the company is in compliance with applicable government contract requirements. The company may rescind any offer of employment to an applicant or terminate an employee if the applicant or employee is unable to perform the functions of the position in compliance with applicable government contract or if an applicant or employee makes a false attestation of compliance.
The annual cash compensation range for this position is US$187,000 to US$268,000. Final compensation will be determined based on experience and skills and may vary from the range listed above.
Primer works closely with the U.S. defense and intelligence establishment. Any offer of employment is conditioned on an applicant or employee being able to meet any applicable government contract requirements. The company may rescind any offer of employment to an applicant or terminate an employee if the applicant or employee is unable to perform the functions of the position in compliance with applicable government contracts or if an applicant or employee makes a false attestation of compliance.
What We Offer
We are a series D funded company with investors from Addition, USIT, Lux Capital, Amplify Partners, Addition Capital, Bloomberg Beta, and others. We are intentional around building a diverse and inclusive team of subject matter experts to better advocate for the needs of our users.
We care a lot about our work and about the well being of our team. We encourage everyone to work at a sustainable pace and have an unlimited vacation policy for team members to utilize, Wellness Days and 100% paid leave for parents of growing families.
We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits. This includes full medical, dental, and vision coverage, fertility benefits through Carrot, mental health coverage on demand with Ginger, 401(k) (US employees), remote work stipends, and monthly internet allowance.
Primer is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Please see the United States Department of Labor's EEO poster and EEO poster supplement for additional information.
If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.