The world is changing at an accelerating rate. But we cannot take in the information fast enough, let alone make sense of it. We are fundamentally limited by the speed at which we read and write — the speed of human thought. The challenges facing decision-makers today require a radically new technology.
Primer is at the forefront of the natural language processing revolution. Our artificial intelligence platform is capable of reading text at a rate of millions of documents per hour, extracting information and updating a knowledge graph of billions of entities. It is capable of answering natural language questions and generating the first draft of natural language analytical reports in seconds. Our mission is to empower our customers by vastly reducing the cost of curiosity. What once took days of research can happen instantly.
Our customers include some of the world’s largest corporations, financial institutions, and government agencies in the world. You can learn more about Primer's technology and the problems we solve at our blog, as well as in recent media coverage of our work.
The Sales Development Representative (SDR) for the National Security Group will be the primary point person for reaching out to innovation labs/ offices, J8 offices, industry liaisons, and end-users at the Department of Defense, Intelligence Community, and other public sector organizations. You will inform senior-level leadership about Primer’s technology, generate interest in Primer’s ability to help achieve mission accomplishment, and schedule time with appropriate leads to meet with Business Development Managers. SDRs will use the tools at their disposal, networking, and their knowledge of current mission sets and needs as well as organization structure to connect with senior leadership across the national security apparatus and public sector.
- Success-driven: proven track record of operating in a highly metrics-driven environment with a focus on activity and conversion rates
- Effective Communicator: ability to communicate concisely and passionately about product offerings
- Proactive: motivated by exceeding targets and goals while maintaining an intimate knowledge of the prospective customer base
What You'll Do:
- Growth: focus on increasing volume and quality of inbound and outbound leads through a multi-channel approach.
- Focus on expanding existing National Security business while also breaking into federal civilian vertical.
- Introductions to Primer: create a meaningful first impression to our prospects and foster client relationships
- Execution: identify, prioritize, and target a list of key strategic accounts while managing end to end sales for some of the new inbound prospects
- Collaborate: have the ability to utilize resources within and outside of the organization to capitalize on business opportunities
- Organize: Maintain meticulous records of the sales process and update customer activities in the company's CRM/Marketing software to ensure effective prospecting management.
Skills and Expertise:
- 3-4 years prior sales and prospecting experience at a Software/Technology company highly preferred
- Military, federal law enforcement, or IC experience highly desirable
- Knowledge of key decision-makers in the intelligence and defense communities
- Must understand how to best communicate with National Security organizations
- Self-starter who can multitask and adapt to rapidly changing situations
- Ability to establish clear value propositions through excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to work autonomously and collaborate in a cross-functional team environment
- Experience with Salesforce or similar CRM a plus
- BA/BS degree is preferred
What We Offer
- A rapidly growing company, with plentiful opportunities to grow into leadership roles
- Healthcare with Dental
- 401K and Vision Benefits (US)
- Unlimited PTO (US) or 25 days Holiday (Non-US)
- Work from Home allowance
- Smart, passionate co-workers who want to deliver the best outcomes
- An honest and open environment for the exchange of ideas
- Fortune 50 companies and globally recognized institutions as customers
- Learning and teaching opportunities via individual book allowances, tech talks, and brown bag lunches
- Team virtual offsites like escape rooms and company happy hours
Primer is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Please see the United States Department of Labor's EEO poster and EEO poster supplement for additional information.
If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.