The world is changing at an accelerating rate and understanding the shifting landscapes has never been more critical. Primer is the premier artificial-intelligence powered platform that allows humans to get information that they need, instantly, in ways that until now have not been possible. We believe that truth is knowable; our mission is to free the curious to be their most human. We are building machines that can read natural language text documents, understand them, correlate them into events, and share what they learn by writing their own natural language text documents.
At Primer we use machine learning and natural language processing to automate the analysis of very large corpora of unstructured text. We build systems that read documents, extract insights, and write reports comparable to those of a human analyst. Our objective is to help our customers understand the world around them –– from geopolitical events and scientific research to changes in the risk profiles of companies. Our clients include some of the world’s largest corporations, financial institutions, and government agencies. You can learn more about Primer's technology and the sort of problems we solve at our blog, as well as recent media coverage of our work.
Design at Primer
We design products that are remarkable - beautiful, intuitive, usable, useful, delightful. We are here to define new paradigms where millions of pieces of data can be consumed in just one page, through narrative and data stories.
The Primer Design team maintains a focus on simplicity and usability throughout our products. Users will be in awe of the complexity that lies beneath an easy-to-use, elegant interface. We are guided by our customers’ experience and aim to empower users with cutting edge tools that will accelerate their understanding of the world.
The Experience Designer
As a UX Designer, you will work collaboratively with product managers, designers, engineers, and other stakeholders to ensure a great user experience of our products. You will take a major role in ideation sessions, and it will be your job to translate complex ideas into easy-to-use responsive interfaces. You’ll be designing user flows, mockups and interactive prototypes to effectively communicate ideas and product requirements; you’ll be working on multiple projects in parallel, while evolving a design system.
Our process is very iterative and agile, and we value the feedback loop. Our ideal candidate will be a strong critical thinker who is passionate and creative, but is also flexible and accustomed to frequent usability testing and iteration. Candidates should be self-organized, research driven, and eager to communicate with the team to fully understand how our products work. You must have a big picture focus, but also care about the details. At Primer, everyone likes to get their hands dirty - we are all problem solvers, eager to work together to identify design problems and work out intelligent solutions.
Why we’re fun:
- We have a collaborative environment with abundant cross-team interactions and learning
- You’ll have the satisfaction of taking products and new features through from concept to their initial genesis to incorporation in a deployed product
- We make products that help some of the world’s most influential organizations solve their highest impact problems
- 3+ years of professional experience working in UX roles
- Experience building products for multiple form factors
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate ideas with product managers, designers, and engineers
- Interest in visual storytelling and data visualization
- An understanding of HTML and CSS
Expect to Do the Following:
- Work with stakeholders on various design projects across the organization
- Create multiple concepts and translate them to high fidelity designs and prototypes
- Move fluidly between design tools, such as Figma and Adobe CC
- Iterate based on user feedback and research
- Contribute to the Design System
Primer is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Please see the United States Department of Labor's EEO poster and EEO poster supplement for additional information.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.