The world is changing at an accelerating rate. But we cannot take in the information fast enough, let alone make sense of it. We are fundamentally limited by the speed at which we read and write — the speed of human thought. The challenges facing decision-makers today require a radically new technology.
Primer is at the forefront of the natural language processing revolution. Our artificial intelligence platform is capable of reading text at a rate of millions of documents per hour, extracting information and updating a knowledge graph of billions of entities. It is capable of answering natural language questions and generating the first draft of natural language analytical reports in seconds. Our mission is to empower our customers by vastly reducing the cost of curiosity. What once took days of research can happen instantly.
Our customers include some of the world’s largest corporations, financial institutions, and government agencies in the world. You can learn more about Primer's technology and the problems we solve at our blog, as well as in recent media coverage of our work.
From your first day, you’ll drive the technical implementation of a major feature. You might...
- ... design and build a pipeline to train models for NLP problems like Classification, Question Answering, Summarization
- ... scale our ability to run models to process millions of documents
- ... develop APIs that showcase our models’ capabilities and enable third-party integrations
- ... collaborate with the research team to train and ship state of the art models
- ... evaluate, adopt, and contribute back to open-source software to build out the Primer technology stack
- Curiosity and enthusiasm, and a love for teaching and learning
- Expertise in Python
- Experience applying machine learning algorithms to real data sets, preferably including text analysis and NLP
- 5+ years of shipping commercial software (SaaS, or PaaS) to third parties outside your company.
- Experience building human-in-the-loop ML pipeline
- Experience in GoLang
- Experience with Language models like BERT, XLNet, GPT
What we offer:
- Health, Dental, Vision Benefits
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Smart, engaged co-workers who are at the top of their game
- Honest and open environment for exchange of ideas
- Real customers with global name recognition + healthy sales pipeline
- Proactive learning and teaching opportunities via individual book allowances, tech talks, and brown bag lunches
- Team outings and bi-weekly company happy hours
- Fun, puzzle-loving office in the SF Financial District
What We Offer
- A rapidly growing company, with plentiful opportunities to grow into leadership roles
- Healthcare with Dental
- 401K and Vision Benefits (US)
- Unlimited PTO (US) or 25 days Holiday (Non-US)
- Work from Home allowance
- Smart, passionate co-workers who want to deliver the best outcomes
- An honest and open environment for the exchange of ideas
- Fortune 50 companies and globally recognized institutions as customers
- Learning and teaching opportunities via individual book allowances, tech talks, and brown bag lunches
- Team virtual offsites like escape rooms and company happy hours
Primer is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Please see the United States Department of Labor's EEO poster and EEO poster supplement for additional information.
If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.