The world is changing at an accelerating rate. But we cannot take in the information fast enough, let alone make sense of it. We are fundamentally limited by the speed at which we read and write — the speed of human thought. The challenges facing decision-makers today require a radically new technology.
Primer is at the forefront of the natural language processing revolution. Our artificial intelligence platform is capable of reading text at a rate of millions of documents per hour, extracting information and updating a knowledge graph of billions of entities. It is capable of answering natural language questions and generating the first draft of natural language analytical reports in seconds. Our mission is to empower our customers by vastly reducing the cost of curiosity. What once took days of research can happen instantly.
Our customers include some of the world’s largest corporations, financial institutions, and government agencies in the world. You can learn more about Primer's technology and the problems we solve at our blog, as well as in recent media coverage of our work.
- Train, deploy, and tune machine learning models on customer data sets
- Engage with customers and prospects to understand their problems and scope technical solutions
- Perform modeling tasks in support of prototypes and proofs-of-concept
- Explain machine learning concepts to non-technical stakeholders
- Partner with our product management and engineering teams to identify and prioritize feature development based on customer feedback
- Produce technical content in support of national security focused business development and marketing
- United States citizenship is required for this position as a result of contractual requirements with the United States government.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, statistics, computational linguistics, or another quantitative field
- 3+ years of professional experience developing and deploying machine learning solutions.
- 3+ years of Python experience
- Hands-on experience with machine learning and NLP tools and libraries such as Numpy, Scipy, Scikit-learn, SpaCy, NLTK, Tensorflow, Keras and PyTorch
- Understanding of NLP topics, including event and topic detection, named entity extraction, relation extraction, text classification and sentiment analysis models
- Ability to think about solutions from a customer perspective, establish conceptual connections between requirements and solutions
- Hands-on experience with a cloud services provider
- Strong communication skills - you’ll be the face of Primer to customers
- Direct experience with the isolated C2S region of AWS
- Experience working on an Agile development team
- Experience working with Elasticsearch
- Project management skills
- Experience working in a customer success role
- Familiarity with container and orchestration technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Linux proficiency - you’ll need to know your way around a Linux shell in order to run our software
- Full-stack development skills (including front-end)
What We Offer
- A rapidly growing company, with plentiful opportunities to grow into leadership roles
- 401K, Health, Dental, Vision Benefits to FTE's
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Smart, passionate co-workers who want to deliver the best outcomes
- An honest and open environment for the exchange of ideas
- Fortune 50 companies and globally recognized institutions as customers
- Learning and teaching opportunities via individual book allowances, tech talks, and brown bag lunches
- Team virtual offsites like escape rooms and company happy hours
- Fun, puzzle-loving office (post covid) in the SF Financial District
Primer is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Please see the United States Department of Labor's EEO poster and EEO poster supplement for additional information.
If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.