Prime Medicine is a leading biotechnology company dedicated to creating and delivering the next generation of gene editing therapies to patients. The Company is leveraging its proprietary Prime Editing platform, a versatile, precise and efficient gene editing technology, to develop a new class of differentiated, one-time, potentially curative genetic therapies. Designed to make only the right edit at the right position within a gene while minimizing unwanted DNA modifications, Prime Editors have the potential to repair almost all types of genetic mutations and work in many different tissues, organs and cell types.
Prime Medicine is currently progressing a diversified portfolio of eighteen programs initially focused on genetic diseases with a fast, direct path to treating patients or with a high unmet need because they cannot be treated using other gene-editing approaches. Over time, the Company intends to maximize Prime Editing’s therapeutic potential and advance potentially curative therapeutic options to patients for a broad spectrum of diseases. For more information, please visit www.primemedicine.com.
We are currently seeking a motivated, self-starting, and experienced scientific technical leader with expertise developing, qualifying, and validating a variety of plate-based analytical assays. Experience with using automation platforms and/or automating the assays is desirable. These assays will include ELISAs, cell-based, and mix and read format for a variety of analyses ranging from early research programs, in vivo samples, process and product characterization, stability, release testing of critical reagents, drug substance (DS) potency, and drug product (DP) potency to support the research and technical development organizations.
The candidate will join and contribute to a talented and highly productive team focused on developing assays to support Prime’s full pipeline from research to the clinic, which utilizes automation to support execution and data analysis. The candidate will apply their expertise to develop biochemical, immunologic, and cell-based assays to quantify process residuals, project-specific proteins, uptake, infectivity, and activity after prime editor-mediated gene correction.
- Design, develop, optimize, qualify, and validate plate-based (ELISA, Cell-based, mix and read) assays.
- Support R&D teams by contributing data from developed assays on ex-vivo, in-vitro, and in-vivo samples.
- Generate, analyze, and present complex multi-factor experimental studies using software such as JMP, Minitab, Spotfire, Tableau, etc.
- Integrate workflows with ELN (Benchling) and LIMS to support scalability.
- Maintain detailed and complete electronic lab notebooks and documentation records.
- Author, review, and approve protocols, SOPs, technical reports, and sections of regulatory submissions
- Present findings to internal teams and represent Prime at external forums
- Coordinate and work with various teams in a matrixed environment, as well as external CROs
- PhD plus 3-6 years’ relevant industrial R&D experience or BS/MS plus 8+ years’ relevant industrial experience.
- Experience in assay development, qualification, validation, and implementation to support target candidate validation from Non-GxP to GMP environments.
- Experience automating lab procedures is highly desirable.
- Proficiency in cell culture, including primary cells, and BSL-2 safety
- Ability to work effectively on cross-functional teams with a willingness to roll-up-sleeves to get things done.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, ability to influence and engage across all levels of the company and with external stakeholders; strong interpersonal skills/diplomacy, and negotiation skill.
- Eager to work collaboratively in a fast-paced, dynamic, entrepreneurial, and team-based setting.
Prime Medicine is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.