Prime Medicine was founded to bring the promise of gene editing to patients. We use Prime Editing, a next-generation technology that can “search and replace” to restore normal genetic function almost anywhere in the genome. Prime Editing searches to find the precise place in the genome to edit and replaces the segment of faulty DNA with a correct copy of DNA. A single Prime Editor can correct the individual mutations found across patients, meaning Prime Editing can potentially address more than 90 percent of known disease-causing genetic mutations.
We envision a world where this technology can cure, halt, and ultimately prevent genetic diseases, providing lifelong benefit to patients. Prime Medicine offers the opportunity to shape the future of gene editing and transform how medicines are used to treat disease. Realizing the promise of Prime Editing requires a talented team with diversity of viewpoints and expertise. We’re building a group of dedicated, scientifically curious individuals who are passionate about helping patients live longer, healthier lives.
Prime is seeking a motivated, creative, and experienced scientist with expertise in lipid nanoparticle (LNP) formulation process development and production of LNP-encapsulated nucleic acid payloads to join our growing team supporting drug product formulation and delivery. The successful candidate will have significant experience with LNP formulation process development and characterization for use in pre-clinical studies. An understanding of the issues surrounding scale-up and GMP manufacturing would be desirable. The ideal candidate will be proactive, enthusiastic, collaborative, and demonstrate good communication, with a desire to improve delivery systems by solving current challenges in LNP safety, potency, and manufacturing.
- Lead planning, design, and execution of formulations for various nucleic acids to support corporation programs
- Support and drive implementation of automation tools to enable formulation high-throughput screening, streamline data generation and analysis
- Drive the implementation and development of a robust and scalable process for LNP-encapsulated nucleic acids
- Ability to lead, plan, design, and execute DOE to drive relationships of critical process parameters and impact on critical quality attributes and safety of drug product
- Be an integral part of project teams and utilize scientific and technical experience to influence progress of drug candidates to the clinic
- Perform data analysis and interpretation, communicate conclusions and provide sound recommendations to multidisciplinary teams
- Understand the landscape of clinical and process materials, liaison with vendors, and maintain appropriate inventory
- Document all experimental planning and progress in electronic lab notebook; create and write reports and SOPs to support development and regulatory filings
- Adhere to all laboratory safety requirements and procedures, assist in maintaining general laboratory functionality, including lab equipment maintenance and the ordering and receiving of lab supplies
Qualifications & Experience
- PhD in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering or related discipline; 0-3+ years postdoc and/or biotech industry experience. Master’s degree with 3+ years of industrial experience and strong background in nanoparticle formulation for nucleic acid delivery
- Proficient with lipid nanoparticle formulation using various fabrication processes
- Experience with nanoparticle formulation process development and analytical characterization techniques such as HPLC/UPLC, SLS/DLS, TEM, DSC, SAXS, UV-Vis and fluorescence spectrophotometry
- Knowledge of process and drug product development desirable
- Knowledge of robotics and automation tools to support formulation screening, characterization, and selection of lead candidate’s desirable
- Familiarity with statistical design of experiments (DoE) and analysis required
- Strong organizational skills and ability to deal with complex problem solving, flexibility to adjust to changing priorities and willingness to mentor junior scientists.
- Highly self-motivated, driven, can-do, make it happen attitude with ability to own and drive projects
- Strong collaborator with cross-functional teams and external partners
- Capable of continuous learning, open-minded, curious, highly organized and detail-oriented
Prime Medicine is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.