Prime Medicine was founded to bring the promise of gene editing to patients. We use Prime Editing, a next-generation technology that can “search and replace” to restore normal genetic function almost anywhere in the genome. Prime Editing searches to find the precise place in the genome to edit and replaces the segment of faulty DNA with a correct copy of DNA. A single Prime Editor can correct the individual mutations found across patients, meaning Prime Editing can potentially address more than 90 percent of known disease-causing genetic mutations.
We envision a world where this technology can cure, halt, and ultimately prevent genetic diseases, providing lifelong benefit to patients. Prime Medicine offers the opportunity to shape the future of gene editing and transform how medicines are used to treat disease. Realizing the promise of Prime Editing requires a talented team with diversity of viewpoints and expertise. We’re building a group of dedicated, scientifically curious individuals who are passionate about helping patients live longer, healthier lives.
We are currently seeking a motivated, creative, and experienced scientist with expertise in mRNA platform chemistries to join our growing team supporting drug discovery and product development and delivery. The successful candidate will have significant experience with nucleoside and nucleotide chemistries to apply to mRNA development and characterization for use in pre-clinical studies. An understanding of the issues surrounding mRNA modifications and synthesis is highly desirable. The ideal candidate will be proactive, enthusiastic, collaborative, and demonstrate good communication, with a desire to improve mRNA stability, expression, and delivery by solving current challenges in mRNA therapeutics.
- Prepare and characterize relevant chemically modified nucleosides and nucleotides to incorporate in mRNA to support company’s pre-clinical studies
- Develop synthetic, purification and analytical protocols for nucleosides and nucleotides suitable for mRNA studies for improved stability and expression
- Synthesis by in vitro transcription (IVT), purification, and analysis of mRNAs with chemical modifications
- Independently plan and execute nucleoside, nucleotide synthesis and incorporate in mRNA via IVT synthesis and purification experiments
- Perform data analysis and interpretation
- Deliver reproducible and impactful results under ambitious timelines
- Understand the landscape of mRNA clinical and process materials, liaison with vendors, and maintain appropriate inventory
- Maintain thorough electronic lab notebooks and documentation records
- Adhere to all laboratory safety requirements and procedures, assist in maintaining general laboratory functionality, including lab equipment maintenance and the ordering, and receiving of lab supplies
- Create and write analytical reports and SOPs to support development and regulatory filings
- Document all experimental planning and progress in electronic lab notebook, present your findings to multi-disciplinary teams in various oral and written formats
- PhD in Organic Chemistry, Synthetic Chemistry, Biochemistry, or related discipline with 3+ years of industry experience preferred.
- Experience in nucleoside, and nucleotide synthetic chemistry, purification, and analytical techniques such as NMR, MS, DNA/RNA synthesizers, HPLC/UPLC, UV-Vis, fluorescence spectrophotometry, and bioanalyzers
- Knowledge and preferably hands on experience of mRNA synthesis by invitro transcription (IVT), purification, analysis, and delivery is required
- Ability to incorporate modified nucleotides in mRNA via IVT
- Experience or thorough knowledge of mRNA 5’-caps, codon, UTR, and polyA tail optimization
- Strong knowledge of nucleic acid chemistry, biochemistry, and molecular biology is advantageous
- Knowledge of chemically modified mRNA synthesis process (IVT) scale up is a plus
- Background knowledge and application of nanoparticle formulations for mRNA delivery is desirable
- Highly self-motivated, driven, can-do, make it happen attitude with ability to own and drive projects
- Strong collaborator with cross-functional teams and external partners
- Capable of continuous learning, open-minded, curious, highly organized, and detail-oriented
Prime Medicine is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.