PriceSpider is revolutionizing retail data technology by capturing actionable insights that improve the customer experience. At PriceSpider our purpose is to better people’s lives by enriching their relationship with brands they love and we do this by striving to accomplish our ultimate vision…to help brands and fans thrive together by connecting a digital ecosystem for fans to experience, learn, find, and buy brands.
We are looking for a seasoned and impactful Lead DevOps Engineer to join our rapidly growing global organization within the Global DevOps and SRE team. The DevOps team is responsible for our multi-cloud infrastructure running on AWS, GCP and azure encompassing the following tech stack: Github, Github Actions, Kubernetes/EKS, Serverless, BigQuery/Looker, Data Lake, Data Pipeline, IaC and Cloud Security.
Reporting to the Global Director of DevOps and SRE, you are expected to be an impactful partner and contributor providing guidance and lead the collaborative effort in our DevOps and Cloud transformation journey. You will lead a team of DevOps Engineers in the NA and EU region and be responsible for setting consistent DevOps best practices, governance and architecture across the suite of services offered, including but not limited to: CICD pipeline, observability, security governance, cloud cost governance, container orchestration and automation.
You will be responsible for creating and driving the technical vision across the technology platforms and collaborate with other Engineering Leads and Managers. In order to be successful, this person should have previous experience leading and mentoring DevOps engineers in a startup environment and a proven track record with building sustainable DevOps tools and standard operating procedures.
- Build, Lead and Mentor the Global DevOps team in support of SDLC tooling, onprem infrastructure and public cloud services (AWS, GCP and Azure)
- Collaborate with teams across the organization to ensure DevOps best practices are leveraged as we roll out new features and expand our platform offerings.
- Build and execute roadmap items as agreed on with Senior Leadership
- You will promote, document, and implement infrastructure and deployment best practices, building and utilizing tools that allow the team to develop and deploy software for our clients to use.
- Own the design of our Cloud Native infrastructure running on AWS, GCP and other cloud vendors as appropriate
- Identify and implement automation for repetitive tasks and requests.
- Collaborate with other technical leads to integrate a design that's well documented.
- Work with global teams of engineers, growing their knowledge and skill set.
- Perform cost review of existing cloud resources; assess opportunities for reducing costs or infrastructure footprint while keep existing SLA
- Drive initiatives for upgrading and scaling our systems to enhance capacity, feature set, availability, reliability, and performance.
- Migrate onprem infrastructure to the cloud
- Provide operational support for all environments, including participating in a rotating On-Call schedule.
- 7-8 years of working in cloud based infrastructure such as AWS, GCP, Azure
- 2-3 years of experience leading and managing DevOps engineers
- 2-3 years of hands on experience with Container Orchestration, performance, and tuning with Docker and Kubernetes in multi-cloud production environment
- Expert in designing and applying security and compliance best practices into all facets of a global cloud infrastructure. Including EC2, VPC's, Container Orchestration, RDS, ElastiCache, S3, and more.
- Expert ability to write scripts in an administrative language (Bash, Python, and Golang)
- Detective-level troubleshooting using observability tools such as Prometheus, Thanos, Grafana, Loki, etc in complex cloud based environments.
- Experience with: IaC (ie. Terraform), Docker, Kubernetes/EKS, Secrets Management, Git (ie: Gitlab, Github, Github Actions), and all things AWS
- Strong bias for action and strong decision-making capabilities.
- Ability to learn fast and be adaptable to environments and change.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills and be diplomatic across all teams
- Must be capable of self-managing. Prioritization and time management are an absolute must for yourself and the team that you are leading
- Ability to collaborate cross functionally, work seamlessly with both Engineers and Non-engineering organizations
- Comfortable in a high speed, rapidly growing global environment
- Ownership: Diving and taking ownership of projects, then driving them to completion in a methodical, organized, independent manner. All the while communicating plans and progress effectively.
- Shipping: Delivering projects quickly but with high quality and documentation. It's not done when it’s deployed, documented, monitored, and measured.
- Communication: You will be excellent at communicating technical topics concisely and practically, both verbally and in writing, in order to get buy-in from team members and move projects along effectively.
- Security: We hold sensitive customer data, so building secure infrastructure is of the utmost importance. Everyone across the company is expected to maintain a security mindset and governance.
- Organization: We value making sure things are well-organized and well-documented, whether it’s code or documentation.
- Collaboration: We bring the best out of each other. We're looking for people who will bring the best out of all of us.