PriceSpider is revolutionizing retail data technology by capturing actionable insights that improve the customer experience. Combining decades of data on consumer shopping behaviors with its proprietary data collection platform, PriceSpider arms brands with intelligence from thousands of ecommerce sites and marketplaces to help them drive sales conversions and protect brand integrity at every possible digital touch point. PriceSpider helps the world’s biggest brands enrich the consumer journey and build long-lasting relationships with their shoppers, resulting in more revenue and higher profit margins.
The Product Manager (PM) responsible for the product management, health and growth of our consumer-facing Where-To-Buy (WTB) working closely with the corresponding engineering teams: WTB Applications and WTB Strategic.
The PM will work cross-functionally to guide products from conception to launch by connecting the technical and business worlds to the end-user and consumer. Continuous discovery will create products that are valuable, usable, and feasible. The PM is the voice of your products in industry and customer conversations. To be successful in this role, the PM should have a deep understanding of customer-centric product practices and expertise in understanding the customer journey, planning, and product development.
Essential Function & Responsibilities:
- Continuous product discovery (3-5 customer calls per week) to understand customer needs
- Review prototypes with customers to validate assumptions made during product discovery
- Conduct market, competitive, and consumer analysis to support product development efforts
- Work side-by-side with business unit personnel to ensure seamless process integration for marketing, sales, and support operations and to balance the market, business, technical and customer needs to ensure product viability
- Conduct win/loss/churn interviews with customers
- Identify and execute opportunities to enrich product offering through partnership and integration opportunities
- Network with key stakeholders outside your own area of expertise to help build your network
Define User Stories
- Generate and refine detailed user stories from customer and consumer needs and solution requirements that guide prototype development.Be comfortable with PRD
- Work side-by-side with engineering and product designers to develop and test prototypes with target customers to establish Minimum Valuable Products (MVP) that are both feasible and valuable
- Maintain the functional quality of the work being delivered by setting and evaluating expectations and acceptance criteria and communicate priorities based on well-defined and measured business cases
User Acceptance Testing
- Conduct user acceptance testing to ensure delivered product meets acceptance criteria and matches prototypes
- Identify and work with customers to beta test new features before full release to make sure customers’ needs were met
Roadmap & Backlog Grooming
- Establish, refine, and communicate through the business and to customers a shared understanding of the vision and roadmap planning for your product; ensure the prioritized backlog aligns with the roadmap plan
- Maintain a prioritized product backlog to ensure the maximum value of delivery, to enable realistic forecasting, alignment with the roadmap, proper communication, and expectation-management
- Take ownership of documentation, demos, and tools to manage product roadmaps
- Accelerate value delivery by understanding the needs of the business and incorporating those into the roadmap and each deliverable
- Communicate with Marketing and Sales teams to ensure the business is informed of the direction and status of the roadmap
- Establish goals and manage to your product scorecards – communicate progress across internal and external stakeholder groups
- Develop a deep understanding of the business drivers of your products – profitability, pricing, services mix, sales channels, etc.
- Continuously monitor where your products are in their lifecycle and work holistically across the business to manage lifecycle events (end of life, new product launch, etc.)
- Experience in analyzing the market, competitors, and consumers to discover new market opportunities
- Analytical bend to be able to understand the story that data tells. Define success metrics, track key business, and usage analytics
- Typically requires a minimum of 4-6 years of product or related experience with a bachelor’s degree or greater. Familiarity with enterprise-class customers and products will be helpful
- Experience in Pragmatic Marketing and Scrum or other Agile development practices, methodologies and tools is preferred
- Demonstrated ability to lead through influence
- Experience leading the development and delivery of digital marketing strategies on behalf of consumer brands that drive brand awareness, engage target audiences, drive sales and generate sustained growth.
- Can-do attitude with a demonstrated ability to get things done under minimal supervision and drive results across cross-functional teams
- Adept at understanding and curious about new technologies, systems, and tools
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, solid presentation skills, and proven ability to run effective meetings; comfortable interacting at all levels
- Experience being the voice of the customer in an organization through the authoring of the user personas and stories, requirements documentation, and product specs
- Very strong interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to achieve results through influence
- Prior knowledge of (or willingness to learn) marketing and advertising technology
- Basic understanding of digital marketing channels, especially: Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest, Snapchat, website analytics, ad technology, etc.
- An interest in (or willingness to learn) consumer shopping behavior and user experience
This position is based in Irvine, CA.
PriceSpider is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity.