PriceSpider is revolutionizing retail data technology by capturing actionable insights that improve the customer experience. Combining decades of data on consumer shopping behaviors with its proprietary data collection platform, PriceSpider arms brands with intelligence from thousands of ecommerce sites and marketplaces to help them drive sales conversions and protect brand integrity at every possible digital touch point. PriceSpider helps the world’s biggest brands enrich the consumer journey and build long-lasting relationships with their shoppers, resulting in more revenue and higher profit margins.
The Director of Customer Operations leads customer operations globally, dedicated to managing the processes, KPIs, and procedures to provide accurate and consistent data and experiences to our customers and their customers. They ensure that customers of PriceSpider’s products and services are receiving accurate and reliable data, proactively developing processes and analytics to identify issues in data quality. They are an experienced process and people manager, capable of managing and leading other managers, and developing strong teams empowered to perform tasks critical to operations and business continuity. In addition, they excel at change management, constantly looking for ways to improve processes and ways to measure performance at a macro and micro level.
The Director of Customer Operations excels cross functionally throughout the organization, working alongside product and engineering, customer success and support, always looking for ways to improve the product and processes that promote the customer experience throughout their journey with PriceSpider.
Essential Function & Responsibilities:
- Overseeing the customer operations department’s strategic goals and ensuring their success at a global scale
- Managing against customer operation KPIs, developing relevant metrics and targets that will help inform customer health
- Providing leadership to a management layer that supervises customer operations’ day to day functions
- Developing and maintaining an internal escalation intake process that provides visibility to potential issues proactively
- Implementing a global service desk with built in reporting to manage internal escalations
- Reviewing existing processes, tools, and team structures on a consistent basis and changing when necessary
- Creating special project teams that help promote customer health
- Implementing a global tracking system to manage the team’s performance based on established performance metrics
- Revising policy and procedures globally as needed to evolve and enhance our data quality
- Developing consistent training for hires to ramp up
- Identifying cross-functional initiatives with engineering and other departments to help the overall customer experience
- Informing the team of all new information related to PriceSpider products, procedures, and trends
- Assessing data anomalies that contribute to bottlenecks in productivity
- Partnering with the training team to update and maintain internal procedures and training
- Instilling a culture of continuous improvement across all global teams
- 10+ years experience in people-management roles
- At least 5 years of experience managing a technical support or operations teams of 15 or more
- Experienced in the full range of management tasks including recruiting, training, coaching, career development and performance management
- Has experience developing team goals, as well as using tools to measure team performance
- Has managed a team budget, and understands how to plan staffing levels and schedules for operations organizations
- Demonstrates executive-level written and verbal communication skills in emails, phone calls, presentations and internal meetings
- Understands how to troubleshoot issues, and has trained teams on conducting consultative conversations
- Can comfortably handle escalations and difficult conversations with all levels within a customer organization
- Continually looks for ways to improve processes in order to efficiently deliver results to meet or exceed SLAs on behalf of the customer
- Aligned with PriceSpider's values: collaborative, grit, curious, empowered
- Has managed other managers or team leads
- Demonstrates high emotional IQ, able to understand customer gray areas and work through them
- Strong analytics skills, able to review data and use it to better understand and tackle customer and team challenges
- Stays up to date on industry best practices by seeking out training, online resources and attending meetups
- Has participated in the implementation of a documentation strategy
- Respectful and professional, even through disagreements, and willing to align after decisions are made
- Fast-paced, roll up your sleeves attitude and work ethic
This position is based in Irvine, CA.
PriceSpider is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity.