PriceSpider is a retail technology company filled with talented people relentlessly driven to revolutionize the online shopping experience. We are the fastest growing Brand Integrity, Where-to-Buy and data services innovator, providing unmatched insights into online consumer purchasing behaviors around the globe. Our technology helps manufacturers, marketers, and retailers radically improve their marketing impact, retail sales, and revenues. Our clients use PriceSpider’s proprietary technology to crawl the web and power their tools to reveal the secrets of exactly what people buy—as well as where, when, and how. We continue to push the boundaries of our technology to create amazing user experiences for both our clients and their consumers. Today PriceSpider is helping nearly 1,500 brands around the globe.
We are looking for enthusiastic and passionate engineers to join our team. If you would enjoy working to bring real world value to many of the world’s largest companies, we would love to hear from you. Our platform runs thousands of jobs and processes millions of requests each day as we strive to collect the most accurate information about the way our customers products are used and consumed around the globe.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Ability to author provable, efficient, maintainable code
- Ability to analyze code for runtime and space complexity
- Understands memory management models, garbage collection, and the tradeoffs that come with native and managed code
- Ability to apply design patterns, both at the code level as well as at the system design level
- Ability to anticipate system faults, code defensively, and capture debug & telemetry data that can be used for analysis and debugging purposes
- Takes pride in building bullet proof distributed systems, but accepts faults as inevitable, and ensures proper runbooks exist to mitigate operational downtime
- Ability to participate in both an adaptive agile environment or a more predictive environment as needed and the planning and life cycle activities that come with each
- Ability to participate in others code reviews or have their code reviewed for constructive criticism
- Is a willing contributor in hunting and eliminating technical debt within legacy systems
- Is a team player, and understands the need to build trust within a team as being crucial to success
- Is a willing mentor and mentee
- Is naturally curious and a willing learner. Learns on their own or within a more formal training environment as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related engineering discipline
- Thorough understanding of distributed systems and how to make them reliable, scalable and maintainable
- Thorough understanding SQL vs NoSQL datastores
- Thorough experience with at least one compiled language (Go, Java, C#, C++)
- Some experience with *nix operating systems, shell scripting and related tools
- 5+ years of experience as a Software Engineer
- Some experience with Docker and the pros and cons of containerization
- Node.js, Golang experience preferred but not required
- RabbitMQ experience preferred but not required
- AWS Cloud experience preferred but not required
- Kubernetes experience preferred but not required
- PostgreSQL experience is preferred but not required
- MS SQL Server experience is preferred but not required
- High level understanding of Machine Learning models is preferred but not required
We are hiring for this position in Irvine, CA or remote (PST). Remote work allowed.
PriceSpider is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity.