PriceSpider is a retail technology company filled with talented people relentlessly driven to revolutionize the online shopping experience. We are the fastest growing Brand Integrity, Where-to-Buy and data services innovator, providing unmatched insights into online consumer purchasing behaviors around the globe. Our technology helps manufacturers, marketers, and retailers radically improve their marketing impact, retail sales, and revenues. Our clients use PriceSpider’s proprietary technology to crawl the web and power their tools to reveal the secrets of exactly what people buy—as well as where, when, and how. We continue to push the boundaries of our technology to create amazing user experiences for both our clients and their consumers. Today PriceSpider is helping nearly 1,500 brands around the globe.
The PriceSpider Brand Monitor Data Team is looking for a Data Analyst to perform general data analytics tasks including developing (or assisting in the development of) various reports, dashboards and complex SQL queries to answer business questions and solve data problems for internal PriceSpider staff as well as external PriceSpider customers.
The Data Analyst works closely with business analysts, project and product managers, IT, end-users and others to help answer their business questions and solve problems with our Brand Monitor Data platform.
Essential Function & Responsibilities:
- Design, prototype, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve various data analytics, queries, reports and dashboards
- Analyze and decompose complex data analysis problems and collaborate with cross-functional teams to influence reporting solutions
- Extract, clarify, and understand the business questions that our employees and clients need help answering with queries, reports and dashboards
- Translate business demands into query strategies and data visualization methods that drive clarity and ease of information consumption by users of reports and dashboards
- Provide dashboard and server support to internal/external stakeholders
- Obtain user feedback to tune and improve reports and dashboards for better usability
- Enhance and support existing dashboards
- Run QA tests on report features and report data quality
- Work with BigQuery, Looker, Datastudio and other data and analytics platforms
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables
- Knowledge of writing SQL queries to select, sort, join, and organize data
- Superior problem-solving skills, self-motivation, and the capacity to work under pressure and on tight deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to learn, acquire and utilize new technologies, disciplines, and frameworks as needed
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to simplify complex concepts for technical and non-technical audience
- Strong customer focus, excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to work independently under minimal supervision and strong track record of setting and meeting delivery commitments
- Familiar with modern, agile project methodologies including SCRUM and KanBan
- 1+ year's working in an office environment or recent college graduate with a degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field
- Information Technology or Data Science Degree, Certification, or related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- Prior working experience with Google Cloud Platform or a related cloud platform
- Prior working experience with BigQuery or a related SQL data environment such as Snowflake, Redshift, MySQL, SQL Server, etc.
- Prior working experience with JIRA or related system
- Experience with any of the following: MSSQL, Postgres, MySQL, BigQuery, Tableau, PowerBI, Google Datastudio, Looker, Excel, Google Sheets
This position is based in Irvine, CA. We are looking for local candidates who thrive in a highly collaborative, innovative, fast-paced environment.
PriceSpider is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity.