PriceSpider is a retail technology company filled with talented people relentlessly driven to revolutionize the online shopping experience. We are the fastest growing Brand Integrity, Where-to-Buy and data services innovator, providing unmatched insights into online consumer purchasing behaviors around the globe. Our technology helps manufacturers, marketers, and retailers radically improve their marketing impact, retail sales, and revenues. Our clients use PriceSpider’s proprietary technology to crawl the web and power their tools to reveal the secrets of exactly what people buy—as well as where, when, and how. We continue to push the boundaries of our technology to create amazing user experiences for both our clients and their consumers. Today PriceSpider is helping nearly 1,500 brands around the globe.
The PriceSpider Brand Monitor Data Team is looking for a QA Data Analyst focused on driving daily quality-assurance duties within our existing data platform and infrastructure. Duties include daily testing, reporting, investigation, and documentation of various data-related health metrics and anomalies as they are detected. This is a great opportunity for entry/junior-level candidates looking to have a large impact on the business while rapidly growing their skills.
The QA Data Analyst will perform various general data analytics and data visualization tasks, ranging from operating and overseeing existing test infrastructure and test results to the development (or assisting in the development) of new reports, dashboards and complex SQL queries to identify and resolve data issues.
Essential Function & Responsibilities:
- Perform quality assurance and quality control duties for the Enterprise Data Management and data development life cycle
- Define, prepare, execute and implement data validation and unit and integration testing methods to ensure data quality
- Contribute to the overall test strategy and quality of the data in the Enterprise Data Warehouse and develop automated/manual test procedures
- Document bugs for developer review as well as provide supporting test results to assess the overall quality for the data product deliverable
- Work closely with end users, business analysts, project managers, IT, report designers, and data engineers/architects, and other data analysts to understand user requirements, project milestones and scope for data integration and data fulfillment initiatives to develop comprehensive test plans
- Validate technical specifications against finished data products
- Design and develop test strategies that will optimize data testing cycles and provide faster throughput without compromising on data quality
- Perform integration testing, regression testing, source to target testing and support periodic quantitative and qualitative data audits on post-production data sets
- Define system performance standards, establish key and ancillary performance measurements, and help to ensure platform scalability
- Serve as gatekeeper for data deployments between environments and assist in automating deployments where applicable
- Lead specific aspects of Data Governance and Data Quality to establish data quality rules and develop data validation tests
- Leverage established best practices, standards, tools, and processes in QA workflow
- Utilize Agile methodologies; participate in daily scrums, testing, code reviews, build release and other weekly meetings
- Join stakeholder meetings to communicate status, give demos, provide timelines and offer insights
- Serve as the custodian of all team documentation pertaining to Enterprise Data Management and EDM Information Center
- Serve as the primary point of contact for data stakeholders for data inquiries and root cause analysis
- Oversee data testing in BigQuery, Looker, and various other data environments
- Superior problem-solving skills, self-motivation, and the capacity to work under pressure and on tight deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to learn, acquire and utilize new technologies, disciplines, and frameworks as needed
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to simplify complex concepts for technical and non-technical audience
- Ability to build and test reliable data ETL processes, query optimization, and dynamic SQL
- Strong customer focus, excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to work independently under minimal supervision and strong track record of setting and meeting delivery commitments
- Familiar with modern, agile project methodologies including SCRUM and KanBan
- 1+ year's working in an office environment or recent college graduate with a degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field
- Information Technology or Data Science Degree, Certification, or related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- Knowledge of writing SQL queries to select, sort, join, and organize data
- Prior experience working with web marketing analytics platform such as Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, Salesforce, or equivalent
- Prior working experience with Google Cloud Platform or a related cloud platform
- Prior working experience with BigQuery or a related SQL data environment such as Snowflake, Redshift, MySQL, SQL Server, etc.
- Prior working experience with JIRA or related system
This position is based in Irvine, CA. We are looking for local candidates who thrive in a highly collaborative, innovative, fast-paced environment.
PriceSpider is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity.