PriceSpider is a retail technology company filled with talented people relentlessly driven to revolutionize the online shopping experience. We are the fastest growing Brand Integrity, Where-to-Buy and data services innovator, providing unmatched insights into online consumer purchasing behaviors around the globe. Our technology helps manufacturers, marketers, and retailers radically improve their marketing impact, retail sales, and revenues. Our clients use PriceSpider’s proprietary technology to crawl the web and power their tools to reveal the secrets of exactly what people buy—as well as where, when, and how. We continue to push the boundaries of our technology to create amazing user experiences for both our clients and their consumers. Today PriceSpider is helping nearly 1,500 brands around the globe.
The PriceSpider Brand Monitor Data Team is looking for a Software Engineer to develop, run, and maintain an automated testing solution for large scale big-data quality assurance.
Essential Function & Responsibilities:
- Support the design and development of an automated test data strategy to perform environment, data quality, and system integration validation including database/backend testing and ETL
- Help define the high level testing strategy including the definition of quality metrics, goals, KPI’s, coverage, documentation, etc.
- Contribute to the creation of a scalable automation framework that exercises all stages of the data pipeline with a focus on configurability, low complexity, and test case reuse
- Define and document testing best practices for the team
- Mentor team members on software testing techniques and technology
- Perform peer test plan reviews
- Participate in manual testing, firefighting, and troubleshooting when required
- Oversee automated data testing in BigQuery, Looker, and various other data environments
- 2+ years of QA testing experience with strong SQL development background, including hands-on experience in ETL testing and validation of a Data Warehouse containing multiple data sources
- Information Technology or Data Science Degree, Certification, or related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- Proficient at writing complex SQL queries to select, sort, join, and organize data
- Experience writing test cases in a test-driven development environment such as JIRA or related environment
- Experience writing automated tests in a test environment such as mocha
- Superior problem-solving skills, self-motivation, and the capacity to work under pressure and on tight deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to learn, acquire and utilize new technologies, disciplines, and frameworks as needed
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to simplify complex concepts for technical and non-technical audience
- Ability to build and test reliable data ETL processes, query optimization, and dynamic SQL
- Strong customer focus, excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to work independently under minimal supervision and strong track record of setting and meeting delivery commitments
- Familiar with modern, agile project methodologies including SCRUM and KanBan
- Prior working experience with Google Cloud Platform or a related cloud platform
This position is based in Irvine, CA. We are looking for local candidates who thrive in a highly collaborative, innovative, fast-paced environment.
PriceSpider is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity.