PriceSpider is a retail technology company filled with talented people relentlessly driven to revolutionize the online shopping experience. We are the fastest growing Brand Integrity, Where-to-Buy and data services innovator, providing unmatched insights into online consumer purchasing behaviors around the globe. Our technology helps manufacturers, marketers, and retailers radically improve their marketing impact, retail sales, and revenues. Our clients use PriceSpider’s proprietary technology to crawl the web and power their tools to reveal the secrets of exactly what people buy—as well as where, when, and how. We continue to push the boundaries of our technology to create amazing user experiences for both our clients and their consumers. Today PriceSpider is helping nearly 1,500 brands around the globe.
At PriceSpider we use Looker to visualize advanced retail analytics from data gathered by our platform. We work with hundreds of the most well-known brands like Procter & Gamble, Nestle, Sony, Samsung, and many more. We're looking for a talented data visualization designer to help us create new dashboards and workflows as well as enhance the user-experience and usability of existing dashboards.
The Data Visualization Designer is responsible for analyzing complex data within the PriceSpider data platform to produce compelling data visualizations for our customers and various internal departments. We’re looking for a talented data visualization designer with the right blend of artistic and technical know-how. Someone who can bring with them a portfolio of beautiful and effective design experience that can be applied to what we’re doing here at PriceSpider.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Translate business requirements into data models and data visualizations that drive clarity and ease of information consumption by users of reports and dashboards
- Work directly with data in Looker, BigQuery, Datastudio, and other data and analytics platforms
- Analyze and decompose complex data problems and collaborate with cross-functional teams to influence reporting solutions
- Conduct adhoc and formal business-user interviews, usability-studies and leverage other well-known user-research methods to discover and identify key business questions and problems that need to be addressed
- Provide support, training and other consulting services to internal and external stakeholders
- Be a champion and a mentor for data visualization excellence with an emphasis on aesthetics and usability
- Stay on top of the latest trends in data and BI analytics, constantly feeding them into our design process
- Enhance and support existing dashboards and data deliverables
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables
- Design experience with Looker or a related data visualization platform such as Tableau or PowerBI
- Substantial UI/UX and interactive dashboard design experience
- A "good eye for design"
- Ability to understand existing data relationships and workflows
- Ability to communicate clearly
- High attention to detail
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced, interrupt-driven environment with an emphasis on rapid iteration guided by group feedback
- Bachelor’s degree in design, statistics, mathematics, information systems, computer science, or related field
- Expert with Excel or Google Data Studio
- Demonstrable SQL query skills including ability to write complex queries with joins and constraints
- Prior experience working with web marketing analytics platform such as Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, Salesforce, or equivalent
- Prior working experience with BigQuery and Google Cloud Platform
- Familiar with modern, agile project methodologies including SCRUM and KanBan
- Looker or Tableau design certification or equivalent
- Graphic design experience
- Lower level technical experience with LookML or SQL a plus but not required
This position is based in Irvine, CA. We are looking for local candidates who thrive in a highly collaborative, innovative, fast-paced environment.
PriceSpider is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity.