PriceSpider is a retail technology company filled with talented people relentlessly driven to revolutionize the online shopping experience. We are the fastest growing Brand Integrity, Where-to-Buy and data services innovator, providing unmatched insights into online consumer purchasing behaviors around the globe. Our technology helps manufacturers, marketers, and retailers radically improve their marketing impact, retail sales, and revenues. Our clients use PriceSpider’s proprietary technology to crawl the web and power their tools to reveal the secrets of exactly what people buy—as well as where, when, and how. We continue to push the boundaries of our technology to create amazing user experiences for both our clients and their consumers. Today PriceSpider is helping nearly 1,500 brands around the globe.
The Software Engineering Lead is responsible for overseeing all aspects of the development team for the Brand Monitor product at PriceSpider. The lead is a highly technical and hands-on developer who is also responsible for guiding and mentoring a team of other developers, testers, data engineers, and data analysts.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Own and drive architecture for the Brand Monitor application and data infrastructure
- Own development plans and supervisorial responsibilities in delegating work and ensuring that software projects come in on time and under budget
- Oversee work being done by other software developers
- Contribute directly by actively taking on and solving the most challenging software development problems wherever required
- Driving recruiting and mentoring of new developers and team members
- Interface between developers and management
- Serve as a technical adviser to management and provide development perspective on requirements
- Work with BigQuery, MSSQL, Looker, Tableau, and other data and analytics platforms
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables
- BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- Strong knowledge and experience working with at least one of the following: BigQuery, Snowflake, Redshift, or equivalent OLAP data environment
- High capacity web or online server development experience
- SQL and No-SQL database experience
- Linux/Ubuntu backend experience
- Experience with at least one modern app framework such as Node.js, Angular, Bootstrap, or equivalent
- Proficient with GitHub in a team environment
- Solid understanding of computer science fundamentals, including algorithms, complexity analysis, data structures, problem solving, and object-oriented analysis and design
- Demonstrated prior big-data experience working at the Terabyte and multi-billion row scale or beyond
- Experience processing large amounts of structured and unstructured data, including integrating data from multiple sources
- Knowledge of data cleaning, wrangling, visualization and reporting, as well as data monitoring and data quality
- Solid understanding of databases with demonstrable advanced SQL query skills including ability to write queries with complex joins, constraints, common-table expressions, etc.
- Solid understanding of computer science fundamentals including algorithms, complexity analysis, data structures, information architecture, functional programming, and object-oriented analysis and design
- Able to work effectively in a fast-paced environment and to efficiently balance multiple simultaneous projects with disparate timelines
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced, interrupt-driven environment with an emphasis on rapid iteration guided by group feedback
- Familiar with modern, agile project methodologies including SCRUM and KanBan
- Experience with any of the following: BigQuery, MSSQL, Postgres, MySQL, Looker, Tableau, Google Data Studio, Excel, Google Sheets
- Prior experience working with Google Cloud platform
- Advanced skills working with one or more data visualization software packages such as Looker, Tableau, PowerBI, Google Data Studio, or Excel
- Deep knowledge of data mining, natural language processing, and information retrieval techniques
- Experience working with machine learning platforms such as BigQueryML, Tensorflow, SciKit, or Pytorch
This position is based in Irvine, CA. We are looking for local candidates who thrive in a highly collaborative, innovative, fast-paced environment.
PriceSpider is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity.