PriceSpider is a retail technology company filled with talented people relentlessly driven to revolutionize the online shopping experience. We are the fastest growing Brand Integrity, Where-to-Buy and data services innovator, providing unmatched insights into online consumer purchasing behaviors around the globe. Our technology helps manufacturers, marketers, and retailers radically improve their marketing impact, retail sales, and revenues. Our clients use PriceSpider’s proprietary “spidering” technology to crawl the web and power their tools to reveal the secrets of exactly what people buy—as well as where, when, and how. We continue to push the boundaries of our technology to create amazing user experiences for both our clients and their consumers. Today PriceSpider is helping nearly 1,500 brands around the globe.
PriceSpider is right across from the Irvine Spectrum with sweeping 10th floor views to inspire creativity. We promote a high-energy, collaborative work environment with open doors, a game room and free meals and snacks. We offer a competitive compensation package including base salary, commission plan and stellar benefits. Our company growth has created a promising environment for career advancement and rewarding challenges. It is the ideal time to join the PriceSpider team due to our strong established product line and emerging new innovations perfectly positioned with the digital awakening of the broader online market.
The Engineering Manager role is an awesome opportunity for a technical leader to oversee a team responsible for find high-quality product “matches” online. We have product data and need to discover where that product is being sold online. In a perfect world, this would be completely automated and 100% accurate. Help us get there.
Essential Function & Responsibilities:
- Personnel responsibility for the team and individual job satisfaction for each team member and the team as a whole
- Career planning for team members, yearly performance reviews and compensation planning
- Grooms and mentors engineering staff and leads to find and grow along their career path
- Regularly interacts with peer client/business/product groups and peer management
- Quickly adapts as new technology is introduced
- Juggles a number of different initiatives while keeping the team focused
- Offers various solutions to problems
- Sets the tone for the team, brings energy and motivation daily
- Significant experience architecting and building high-performance, scalable backend systems
- Experience tracking metrics and working towards solutions that improve metrics
- Ability to find creative solutions to complex problems
- Willingness and ability to help support legacy systems as part of our larger goals
- Adaptability to frequently changing needs
- Ability to work well with other areas of the business to ensure we are headed in the right direction
- Understanding of how to leverage data science into a data pipeline to help make decisions
Location & Travel:
This position is based in Irvine, CA.
PriceSpider is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity.