PriceSpider is a retail technology company filled with talented people relentlessly driven to revolutionize the online shopping experience. We are the fastest growing Brand Integrity, Where-to-Buy and data services innovator, providing unmatched insights into online consumer purchasing behaviors around the globe. Our technology helps manufacturers, marketers, and retailers radically improve their marketing impact, retail sales, and revenues. Our clients use PriceSpider’s proprietary “spidering” technology to crawl the web and power their tools to reveal the secrets of exactly what people buy—as well as where, when, and how. We continue to push the boundaries of our technology to create amazing user experiences for both our clients and their consumers. Today PriceSpider is helping nearly 1,500 brands around the globe.
PriceSpider is right across from the Irvine Spectrum with sweeping 10th floor views to inspire creativity. We promote a high-energy, collaborative work environment with open doors, a game room and free meals and snacks. We offer a competitive compensation package including base salary, commission plan and stellar benefits. Our company growth has created a promising environment for career advancement and rewarding challenges. It is the ideal time to join the PriceSpider team due to our strong established product line and emerging new innovations perfectly positioned with the digital awakening of the broader online market.
The DevOps Engineer will collaborate to help build, maintain, and troubleshoot our rapidly expanding infrastructure. You will be part of a talented team of engineers who demonstrate superb technical competency, converting physical infrastructure to infrastructure as code, delivering mission critical resources, and ensuring the highest levels of availability, performance, and security.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Install, deploy, configure, test, monitor, patch, troubleshoot, and maintain systems resources and services for IT infrastructure built on Linux and Windows technologies
- Assist engineering teams in troubleshooting and rectifying application tier issues
- Automate processes for repeatability and reliability
- Manage successful, secure replication, backup and archival of system data
- Maintain deployment pipelines for private cloud resources and workloads
- Support and expand systems monitoring and response to meet SLAs
- Serve on a flexible rotating on-call support team for issues
- Planning, organizing and coordinating – efficiently develops and implements plans to accomplish goals
- Self-directed – identifies, prioritizes, and implements tasks that align with departmental objectives
- Embrace Continual Improvement – promotes and follows a continuous and practical advancement of effective strategies to maximize service levels (e.g. DevOps evangelism)
Required Experience and Education:
- 1-3 years of related experience
- Platforms: Linux, Mac, Windows
- Exposure to Google Cloud Platform, AWS or Azure
- Disk Storage: SAN (e.g. Compellent), NAS (e.g. FreeNAS), or RAID
- General Network Understanding: TCP/IP, Packet Analysis, Load Balancing, Switch/Router Configuration, IP addressing and routing
- Languages: Shell, SQL
- Data Platforms: Microsoft SQL Server (2012-2016), PostgreSQL (9.x), MySQL or MariaDB, MongoDB
- Ability to lift 60 pounds
Bonus Experience and Education:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent and demonstrated continuous education through active participation in user groups, conferences, open source contribution and/or eLearning
- Disk Storage: HDFS, Ceph, GlusterFS
- Configuration Management Tools (at least 1): Ansible, Puppet, Juju, Chef
- Low Level File Systems: ext3/4, zfs, btrfs, NTFS, hfs+/apfs
- DevOps: AWS CloudFormation, AWS Lambda, Terraform, Jenkins, oVirt, Proxmox, GitHub Actions
- Data Platforms: ElasticSearch, Memcached, Redis, Hadoop (HDFS, Hive, HBase, Spark, Zookeeper, Yarn, Kafka)
- Containerization: Helm & Kubernetes, Docker or LXC
- Education and Certifications: CCNA, RHCE, AWS Certifications, Google Cloud Certification, Dell Certification (server, storage, networking)
- Eligibility to work in the US for any employer without sponsorship is required
Location & Travel:
This position is remote based but may require travel to the Irvine, CA area in support of major infrastructure initiatives.
PriceSpider is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity.