PriceSpider is a retail technology company filled with talented people relentlessly driven to revolutionize the online shopping experience. We are the fastest growing Brand Integrity, Where-to-Buy and data services innovator, providing unmatched insights into online consumer purchasing behaviors around the globe. Our technology helps manufacturers, marketers, and retailers radically improve their marketing impact, retail sales, and revenues. Our clients use PriceSpider’s proprietary technology to crawl the web and power their tools to reveal the secrets of exactly what people buy—as well as where, when, and how. We continue to push the boundaries of our technology to create amazing user experiences for both our clients and their consumers. Today PriceSpider is helping nearly 1,500 brands around the globe.
The Customer Support Specialist is responsible for managing incoming customer support issues and resolving them in a timely manner. The Associate Customer Support Specialist ensures that customers of PriceSpider receive exceptional service when needing assistance regarding technical aspects of PriceSpider products and services, whether it be information, knowledge, or guidance on basic functionality or resolution around problems they may encounter when using or implementing PriceSpider products and services.
Each Customer Support Specialist must have the right amount of expertise to help customers on their own or escalate to the right resources in the company to resolve issues as they arise. They are also highly trained service-oriented individuals who excel in communication and provide the right amount of information to customers so that they ultimately become advocates and promoters of PriceSpider products and services.
Essential Function & Responsibilities:
- Responding to customer support issues and resolving them according to standard or customer specific SLAs
- Communicating professionally and appropriately to customers based on standards set by PriceSpider
- Working cross-functionally to ensure that issues are resolved in a timely fashion when necessary
- Recognizing when issues need escalation
- Managing all inbound communication, whether telephone, email, support tickets, customer portal, or any other means in relation to customer support issues.
- Utilizing knowledge of PriceSpider products and services to resolve majority of issues independently with minimal supervision and guidance
- Leveraging new information related to PriceSpider products, procedures, and trends and guiding customers on benefits and enhancements when applicable
- Assisting manager and senior customer support specialists with reports and metrics when needed
- Recommending best practices to customers when situations arise
- Identifying root cause issues to majority of support cases and properly conveying in a professional manner when appropriate
- Communicating cross-functionally the needs of the support team as well as any issues that may arise
- Making recommendations to manager and team of patterns of issues that can contribute to product roadmap
- Contributing to high priority issues when needed
- Adhering to customer support best practices as established by PriceSpider management
- Following customer support policy and procedure as established by PriceSpider management
- Associates degree (Bachelor’s preferred)
- Prior experience in customer facing role
- Basic knowledge of customer support software like Zendesk or Freshdesk
- Strong customer-facing communication, oral, written, and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Proven ability to troubleshoot
- Experience working cross-functionally with technical teams like product and engineering
- Jira, SQL, and Microsoft Office experience
We promote a high-energy, collaborative work environment with open doors, a game room and free meals and snacks. We offer competitive compensation and stellar benefits including health, dental and vision insurance, 401K, life insurance, paid holidays, fitness center membership, flexible paid time-off and relaxed dress code! Our company growth has created a promising environment for career advancement and rewarding challenges. It is the ideal time to join the PriceSpider team due to our strong established product line and emerging new innovations perfectly positioned with the digital awakening of the broader online market.
This position is based in Irvine and we are looking for local candidates who are comfortable working in the office in a highly collaborative environment.
PriceSpider is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity.