PriceSpider is a retail technology company filled with talented people relentlessly driven to revolutionize the online shopping experience. We are the fastest growing Brand Integrity, Where-to-Buy and data services innovator, providing unmatched insights into online consumer purchasing behaviors around the globe. Our technology helps manufacturers, marketers, and retailers radically improve their marketing impact, retail sales, and revenues. Our clients use PriceSpider’s proprietary technology to crawl the web and power their tools to reveal the secrets of exactly what people buy—as well as where, when, and how. We continue to push the boundaries of our technology to create amazing user experiences for both our clients and their consumers. Today PriceSpider is helping nearly 1,500 brands around the globe.
At PriceSpider we are looking for a Data Engineer that will be responsible for building and maintaining our enterprise level data infrastructure and tools, ensuring the highest level of data integrity and availability throughout the company.
- Design, prototype, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve various data engineering solutions and complex data pipelines
- Build tools and processes to move and transform high data volumes between various systems
- Build, maintain, and manage solid data monitoring solutions to ensure a high level of data quality
- Analyze and decompose complex software systems and collaborate with cross-functional teams to influence solid data architecture and solve the most complex and challenging data problems
- Work with BigQuery, MSSQL, Looker, Tableau, and other data and analytics platforms
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables
- BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- Strong knowledge and experience working with at least one of the following: BigQuery, Snowflake, Redshift, or equivalent OLAP data environment
- Demonstrated prior big-data experience working at the Terabyte and multi-billion row scale or beyond
- Deep knowledge of data mining, natural language processing, and information retrieval techniques
- Experience processing large amounts of structured and unstructured data, including integrating data from multiple sources
- Knowledge of data cleaning, wrangling, visualization and reporting, as well as data monitoring and data quality
- Solid understanding of databases with demonstrable advanced SQL query skills including ability to write queries with complex joins, constraints, common-table expressions, etc.
- Solid understanding of computer science fundamentals including algorithms, complexity analysis, data structures, information architecture, functional programming, and object-oriented analysis and design
- Able to work effectively in a fast-paced environment and to efficiently balance multiple simultaneous projects with disparate timelines
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced, interrupt-driven environment with an emphasis on rapid iteration guided by group feedback
- Familiar with modern, agile project methodologies including SCRUM and KanBan
- Experience with any of the following: BigQuery, MSSQL, Postgres, MySQL, Looker, Tableau, Google Data Studio, Excel, Google Sheets
- Prior experience working with Google Cloud platform
- Advanced skills working with one or more data visualization software packages such as Looker, Tableau, PowerBI, Google Data Studio, or Excel
- Experience working with machine learning platforms such as BigQueryML, Tensorflow, SciKit, or Pytorch
We promote a high-energy, collaborative work environment with open doors, a game room and free meals and snacks. We offer competitive compensation and stellar benefits including health, dental and vision insurance, 401K, life insurance, paid holidays, fitness center membership, flexible paid time-off and relaxed dress code! Our company growth has created a promising environment for career advancement and rewarding challenges. It is the ideal time to join the PriceSpider team due to our strong established product line and emerging new innovations perfectly positioned with the digital awakening of the broader online market.
This position is based in Irvine, CA and we are looking for local candidates who are comfortable working in the office in a highly collaborative environment.
PriceSpider is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity.