PriceSpider is a retail technology company filled with talented people relentlessly driven to revolutionize the online shopping experience. We are the fastest growing Brand Integrity, Where-to-Buy and data services innovator, providing unmatched insights into online consumer purchasing behaviors around the globe. Our technology helps manufacturers, marketers, and retailers radically improve their marketing impact, retail sales, and revenues. Our clients use PriceSpider’s proprietary technology to crawl the web and power their tools to reveal the secrets of exactly what people buy—as well as where, when, and how. We continue to push the boundaries of our technology to create amazing user experiences for both our clients and their consumers. Today PriceSpider is helping nearly 500 brands around the globe.
We are looking for a sharp, motivated engineer to help us build out our price monitoring solution. This full-time engineering position will be responsible for maintaining existing price monitoring systems, as well as building out many new features. You’ll listen to and translate product needs into high-level technical specifications, design and develop recommended systems and consult with our product team and our executives to ensure a smooth implementation.
As a Software Engineer you will play a major role in developing, deploying and supporting our cloud-based applications. Your willingness to play different roles as needed should thrill you versus frustrate you. Some days you’ll be working closely with the entire team. Other days you’ll be focused on a single task by yourself. It’s energizing and tiring.
- Contribute to design decisions
- Contribute to the discovery and integration of new software, languages, and technologies
- Research optimal solutions and provide recommendations on software and development methodologies
- Ability to model problems and explain rationale behind design decisions
- Develop necessary tests and processes to ensure the quality of delivery
- Writing of wiki and help documentation
- Ability to work in other people’s code, refactoring when necessary
Required Education and Experience:
- Programming knowledge of Node.js, Ruby, or Go preferred
- Experience coding with a variety of languages and paradigms
- Experience with relational databases
- Understanding of various non-relational data stores
- Understanding of various forms of messaging and queueing
- Experience with AWS, Influx, or React is a plus
- Experience with crawling and scraping techniques is a plus
- Familiarity with proxies and fingerprinting techniques is a plus
- Minimum 2 years working experience as a software engineer or programmer
We promote a high-energy, collaborative work environment with open doors, a game room and free meals and snacks. We offer competitive compensation and stellar benefits including health, dental and vision insurance, 401K, life insurance, paid holidays, fitness center membership, flexible paid time-off and relaxed dress code! Our company growth has created a promising environment for career advancement and rewarding challenges. We foster clear, honest communication and trust each one another to great work. All ideas are welcome and encouraged here at PriceSpider! It is the ideal time to join the PriceSpider team due to our strong established product line and emerging new innovations perfectly positioned with the digital awakening of the broader online market.
This position is based remotely and we are looking for candidates who are comfortable working with remote teams.
PriceSpider is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity.