PriceSpider is a retail technology company filled with talented people relentlessly driven to revolutionize the online shopping experience. We are the fastest growing Brand Integrity, Where-to-Buy and data services innovator, providing unmatched insights into online consumer purchasing behaviors around the globe. Our technology helps manufacturers, marketers, and retailers radically improve their marketing impact, retail sales, and revenues. Our clients use PriceSpider’s proprietary technology to crawl the web and power their tools to reveal the secrets of exactly what people buy—as well as where, when, and how. We continue to push the boundaries of our technology to create amazing user experiences for both our clients and their consumers. Today PriceSpider is helping nearly 500 brands around the globe.
At PriceSpider we are looking for enthusiastic and passionate engineers to join our team. If you would enjoy working to bring real world value to many of the world’s largest companies, we would love to hear from you. Our platform runs thousands of jobs and processes millions of requests each day as we strive to collect the most accurate information about the way our customers products are used and consumed around the globe.
At PriceSpider we are looking for a Sr. Database Administrator to join our growing team. This person will maintain, tune, optimize and extend all OLTP and Object-store databases and will ensure performance, high-availability and recoverability of all databases. They will develop or enhance maintenance and monitoring automation, and partner with IT infrastructure and engineering teams to plan capacity to exceed demand.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Audit and remediate all database servers and clusters for recoverability
- Apply maintenance best practices for each database technology supported (e.g. MS SQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB)
- Monitor performance and capacity of each database server, and optimize content for enhanced performance
- Make recommendations to IT and Engineering team members for enhanced efficiency
- Partner with Big Data Engineering on data propagation and ETL projects
Required Experience and Education
- 6+ years of database administration in a professional environment
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience above or combined with demonstrated continuous education through active participation in user groups, conferences, certifications, open source contribution and/or eLearning
- Strong communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to optimize system performance
- Experience with 1-10 TB databases (Billion+ records)
- Experience creating and maintaining table partitioning, file/table groups, sharding and IOPS optimization
- Ability to self-direct and learn new technologies and techniques rapidly
- Eligibility to work in the US for any employer without sponsorship
Technical Skills Required
- Expert experience with: Microsoft SQL Server (2008 – 2016), PostgreSQL (9.1 – 10.x)
- Strong experience with MongoDB clusters
- Strong SQL language and optimization skills (stored procs, udfs, triggers, query execution plans)
- Server clustering, high-availability implementation, and data recovery techniques
- Monitoring tools such as FogLight, AppDynamics, LogicMonitor
This position is based in Irvine, CA, and we are looking for local candidates who are comfortable working in the office in a highly collaborative environment.
PriceSpider is right across from the Irvine Spectrum with sweeping 10th floor views to inspire creativity. We promote a high-energy, collaborative work environment with open doors, a game room and free meals and snacks. We offer a competitive compensation package and stellar benefits. Our company growth has created a promising environment for career advancement and rewarding challenges. It is the ideal time to join the PriceSpider team due to our strong established product line and emerging new innovations perfectly positioned with the digital awakening of the broader online market.
PriceSpider is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity.