PriceSpider is a retail technology company filled with talented people relentlessly driven to revolutionize the online shopping experience. We are the fastest growing Brand Integrity, Where-to-Buy and data services innovator, providing unmatched insights into online consumer purchasing behaviors around the globe. Our technology helps manufacturers, marketers, and retailers radically improve their marketing impact, retail sales, and revenues. Our clients use PriceSpider’s proprietary “spidering” technology to crawl the web and power their tools to reveal the secrets of exactly what people buy—as well as where, when, and how. We continue to push the boundaries of our technology to create amazing user experiences for both our clients and their consumers. Today PriceSpider is helping nearly 500 brands around the globe.
We promote a high-energy, collaborative work environment with open doors and free meals and snacks. We offer a competitive compensation package including base salary and stellar benefits. Our company growth has created a promising environment for career advancement and rewarding challenges. It is the ideal time to join the PriceSpider team due to our strong established product line and emerging new innovations perfectly positioned with the digital awakening of the broader online market.
Under general supervision and with understanding of the PriceSpider system, the Client Delivery and Maintenance Specialist is responsible for ensuring the accuracy, correctness and availability of the data that is being crawled, matched, configured and provided to our clients on a day-to-day basis. The Client Delivery and Maintenance Specialist also provides support on all existing services.
- Use proprietary PriceSpider software to analyze information from seller web pages to match against manufacturer information
- Using information from the analysis: create product matches, set aside for future matches, or mark for system to ignore
- Communicate with Manager if complexities arise using email, Skype, and face-to-face discussion
- Follow instructions for seller-specific requirements that are communicated through Client Support team
- Write and correct parse definitions by building logic for PriceSpider’s crawlers to use
- Update products that are not updating through web crawler tools
- Audit and analyze system data and products to ensure accurate online listing
- Investigate and report system anomalies
- Assist with resolving system issues by identifying core issues, root causes and making solution recommendations
- Provide proactive assistance to all members of the Support team
- Identify problems and submit support tickets
- Respond to and address support tickets that are assigned to the CSS team
- May be asked to perform other duties as required by business needs
- Quality Control – the individual demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure quality
- Communication Skills – ability to write, speak, and present information effectively and persuasively across communication methods
- Teamwork – works collaboratively together with others to achieve group goals and objectives
- Problem Solving – efficiently and creatively solves problems, involves others in seeking solutions, conducts appropriate analyses, searches for best solutions; responds quickly to new challenges
- Focus and Efficiency – work to meet goals, deadlines and efficiency metrics, striving to always improve quality and process for better client outcomes
Required Education and Experience
- Computer Science, IT, or MIS degree preferred but not necessary
- Computer literacy and understanding of basic web technologies
- Ability to evaluate data using analytical and logical reasoning to examine each component of data provided
- Ability to adapt to fluid and evolving circumstances
- Diligence to remain concentrated on a task for long periods of time
- Creative problem solving skills
- Strong communication skills – verbal and written
This position is based in Kansas City and we are looking for local candidates who are comfortable working in the office in a highly collaborative environment.
PriceSpider is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity.