Position / Title: Vice President – SFR Fund Controller, Finance – Fund Accounting
Pretium is a specialized alternative investment manager focused on real estate and credit. The Firm was founded in 2012 to capitalize on secular investment and lending opportunities that arose after the Global Financial Crisis as a result of structural changes within the economy, the residential housing sector, and mortgage finance markets. The Firm currently manages ~$20 billion of AUM across its single-family rental (~$12.7 billion) and mortgage credit (~$4.2 billion) strategies as well as ~$3.2 billion of AUM in Structured and Corporate Credit.
We are seeking a SFR Fund Controller to join our Finance – Fund Accounting team as a Vice President. Fund Accounting is responsible for executing Pretium’s shadow process over investor allocations, the allocation of expenses and financial reporting (both internal and external). More specifically, Fund Accounting executes the day-to-day operations, including estimation and collection of management and performance fees, fund expense allocations, financial statement review and liaising with our administrators and other internal departments to ensure that the integrity of the accounting data remains intact. This position will report to the Senior Fund Controller and can be based in Charlotte, North Carolina, New York, New York, or Minneapolis, Minnesota. This position will begin remote until the offices reopen.
- NAV Verification Process:
- Review the quarterly financial package (i.e., trial balance, balance sheet, income statement, schedule of investments, supporting schedules, etc.) for each fund as provided by our third-party administrator
- Maintain and manage in-house investor allocations, including the calculation of management and performance fees / carried interest, investor returns, etc.
- Coordinate the valuation process and ensure proper adjustments are made to each fund’s books and records
- Assist in the calculation and approval of direct and allocated expenses / accruals.
- Maintain and manage data within our applicable internal systems/files and provide reliable information to other groups within the organization
- Perform monthly/quarterly reconciliations between our internal allocations and those of our administrators
- Capital Activity
- Process and record investor capital transactions (including the review of subscription/capital call, redemption/distribution, and transfer documentation)
- Review investor notices related to each type of capital transaction prior to being sent by the administrator
- Review and process wires related to investor distributions/redemptions
- Financial Reporting:
- Assist in and manage the annual audit process
- Review financial statement schedules prepared by the fund administrators, and help develop any required footnote disclosures
- Coordinate the processing of financial statement comments or requests generated by our auditors
- Reporting (Investor/Regulatory/Internal):
- Produce customized reporting solutions in response to requests from investors
- Prepare summary reporting schedules for upper management and other internal stakeholders on a quarterly and ad-hoc basis
- Assist our Business Development team in preparing DDQ responses and other analyses related to investor due diligence
- Aggregate information required for regulatory reporting for our Legal and Compliance departments
- CPA preferred, but not required
- Minimum 8+ years of relevant experience (Private candidates: industry or combo of Big 4 public and industry, in accounting function; Public candidates: Big 4, w/ private equity and/or real estate fund auditing experience preferred)
- Detail Focused: Great attention to accuracy of numbers in financial reports. Very comfortable and adept at spreadsheet-based analysis and numbers-based problem solving, always striving for the most accurate and clear presentation of data
- Quick Learner: Ability to absorb and master new information quickly. A good listener, problem solver with a commitment to follow up. Self-managing. Strong organizational skills.
- Professional & Ethical: Uncompromising integrity and honesty. Handle all data with the utmost discretion and professionalism.
- Financial statement experience: Knowledge of required US GAAP disclosures for investment companies. Understands the flow of financial statements and is able to identify errors efficiently.
- Collaborative team player: Focused on team and firm objectives. At Pretium, everyone pitches in when needed; there is no proprietary sense of ownership
What We Offer
This position offers the opportunity to join a collegial, entrepreneurial firm committed to the personal and professional growth of its team members and to maintaining a positive, encouraging work environment where people enjoy working together. The company offers a comprehensive benefits and perks package, including:
- Competitive base salary and bonus
- 401(k) plan with an employer match
- Health insurance with significant employer contribution
- Paid Time Off (PTO) program
- Employee incentive compensation program