Pretium is a specialized alternative investment manager focused on real estate and credit. The Firm was founded in 2012 to capitalize on secular investment and lending opportunities that arose after the Global Financial Crisis as a result of structural changes within the economy, the residential housing sector, and mortgage finance markets. The Firm currently manages ~$20 billion of AUM across its single-family rental (~$12.7 billion) and mortgage credit (~$4.2 billion) strategies as well as ~$3.2 billion of AUM in Structured and Corporate Credit.
We are seeking a Compensation Specialist to help the finance and human capital teams manage the annual compensation process. This includes, but not limited to, conducting compensation benchmarking, running compensation analysis & reporting, maintain audit trail, and facilitating the implementation of a compensation tracking system.
The Compensation Specialist will have a strong compensation, finance and/or HR background and must be comfortable and confident with navigating through complex equity plans, including Carried Interest, Deferred Equity and Long-Term Incentive Plans. They must also have outstanding communication and writing skills, be attentive to details, and be able to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously while working with multiple teams.
This position will report to the Chief Financial Officer & Chief Talent Officer and is based in either Charlotte, NC, Dallas, TX, or New York City, NY.
- Maintain weekly, monthly, and annual compensation reports and analysis
- Responsible for ensuring the integrity of all compensation records
- Own employee and external stakeholder compensation reporting including, but not limited to quarterly equity and deferred compensation statements for employees
- Implement and own the integration of a compensation tracking system
- Conduct annual benchmarking for year-end compensation across all operating companies and report findings to the Firm’s Compensation Committee
- Report all compensation related issues, new hires, market adjustments and competitive landscape issues to the Firm’s Compensation Committee
- Maintain a dynamic new hire compensation comparative record
- Heavy reporting and tracking of past and future compensation processes
- Collaborate with payroll to understand underlying transactions and ensure proper reporting and payment
- Partner with finance team to investigate and reconcile variances in financials.
- Support company and finance initiatives working with management to prioritize deliverables
- Leverage experience and knowledge to provide support and guidance to junior staff
- Undergraduate degree
- Human resources generalist or finance experience
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in the compensation field
- Familiarity with Carried Interest, Deferred and Equity Compensation
- Ability to own and implement a compensation tracking system
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Must be an independent and self-starter who takes initiative
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple projects
- Proven problem solving, analytical, troubleshooting and time-management skills
- Ability to effectively communicate with senior management
- Exhibit excellent communication skills both written and verbal; with the ability to convey a clear and concise thought process
What We Offer
This position offers the opportunity to join a collegial, entrepreneurial firm committed to the personal and professional growth of its team members and to maintaining a positive, encouraging work environment where people enjoy working together. The company offers a comprehensive benefit package and perks, including:
- Competitive base salary and bonus
- 401(k) plan with an employer match
- Health insurance with significant employer contribution
- Paid Time Off (PTO) program
- Employee incentive compensation program