Who are we?
Join our Platform Tribe!
Visit our Tech Radar to learn more about the technologies we use at Preply.
As a Site Reliability Engineer, you will:
- Be responsible for Preply's uptime record;
- Improve system scalability
- Own availability and performance of mission critical services and build automation to prevent problem recurrence;
- Improve system observability and alerting
- Manage on-call rotations across company
- Improve incident response processes
- Establish credibility with the quality of the team's technical execution
- Practice sustainable incident response and blameless postmortems.
- Collaborate with product teams to help them tackle technical issues and design new systems
What we are looking for:
Expertise in problem solving and analyzing high loaded systems.
Proficiency with production troubleshooting is a must
Business-oriented & data-driven person
Experience with k8s, Docker, Helm.
Strong knowledge of any of those languages: Python, JS, Php, Java, Scala, Erlang at least 3+ years production experience.
Hands-on experience with any modern framework Django, Flask, Ruby on Rails, Magento, Spring, etc.
Nice to haves:
Python, Celery, Postresql, ElasticSearch, AWS, Kafka, Redis
Experience with DataDog
Experience with release engineering
What we offer:
An opportunity for personal and professional growth, supported by high functioning teams, stellar investors and the exciting challenges that come with joining a company at the start of its growth trajectory.
An environment free of bureaucracy and corporate constraints; a culture where your opinion is highly valued and appreciated.
An open, collaborative, dynamic and international culture.
A monthly allowance for self-development on Preply.com.
A competitive financial package, with generous leave allowance and health insurance.
Some more about us...
- Human: We speak honestly and directly with compassion and radical candor. We believe every interaction should be friendly, personalized, diverse and inclusive. Above all, we believe fun should be apart of everything we do
- Customer Obsession: We put our customers first by asking for feedback and analyzing the data to build products they love.
- Hungry: Our will to win is unmatched. We make bold, data-informed decisions, to quickly deliver value to our customers. We dare to dream big, think like co-owners, and go the extra mile to hire others who share our champion spirit.
- Humble: We keep our egos low, constantly learn, and trust in data to make smart decisions. We know that our knowledge is imperfect and incomplete, but not stagnant. There's always more to learn from each other, our customers, and the world around us.
- Curious: We are lifelong learners. Our curiosity helps us to view tough situations more creatively. We kill the noise and go deep on insights. We face challenges head on, and consistently seek opportunities to learn more.
- Hackers: We’re obsessed with our customer’s problems. We focus on what matters, design with pragmatism, and move with incredible speed to create simple, creative, and scalable solutions.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
Preply.com is committed to creating an inclusive environment where people of diverse backgrounds can thrive. We believe that the presence of different opinions and viewpoints is a key ingredient for our success as a multicultural Ed-Tech company. That means that Preply will consider all applications for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or veteran status.