The Predictive Index—the talent optimization leader—is an award-winning best place to work (Inc., Glassdoor, Boston Business Journal, The Boston Globe).
Our mission is “Better work, Better world," and we take great pride in PI’s power to supercharge workplace relationships and culture to achieve the unthinkable. We’re our own best case study! You’ll be working toward a mission that inspires you, and you’ll be surrounded by fun, smart, driven people day in and day out.
There’s a reason more than 8,000 companies—including Nissan, Citizens Bank, Drift, Subway, Blue Cross Blue Shield, Docusign, and Omni Hotels—trust PI to help them hire top talent, design winning teams, and develop leaders at every level. Come discover how we empower our clients to solve their biggest challenges and make their business dreams come true.
The Predictive Index is a place where people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives collaborate on amazing, important work. We celebrate our differences, knowing that they are fundamental to our success as an organization. “Better Work, Better World,” starts here, in an organization where every member of the PI community is valued, respected, and welcome. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply.
We are seeking an energetic, analytical, tech-savvy Business Applications Analyst who will contribute to the continued innovation and scalability of PI’s Salesforce instance and it’s supporting business processes. The Business Applications Analyst will partner with a Product Manager and a team of Salesforce administrators, architects and developers in two-week sprints to make ongoing improvements to PI’s Salesforce Lightning instance and expand its features and functionality to enable efficient business operations. The ideal candidate will have a knack for consulting on complex business processes, thinking through downstream effects of changes, while bridging the gap between business stakeholders and a technical development team. Solution focus areas include Salesforce (Service Cloud, Sales Cloud, Community Cloud), custom solution design and development, and integrations to other in-house applications.
- Manage incoming Salesforce requests and small to mediums sized projects including requirements gathering, timeline management, and solutioning
- Bring an agile approach to translating business needs into actionable requirements by gathering enough information to define a solution and drive clarity to make rational decisions
- Work with the Business Applications team to functionally architect solutions to meet customer needs using the most appropriate technologies - considering cost, time-to-market, and serviceability
- Support development teams with clearly defined user requirements and stakeholder management
- Identify open questions to help unblock project development and facilitate communication to gain resolution among stakeholders
- Understand impacted business processes, collaborate on changes needed, and provide recommendations for reducing complexity
- Create detailed visuals to outline processes and supporting business logic
- Review backlog, ensure projects are scoped and ready to be worked on by development team
- Coordinate cross-functionally to ensure a smooth release of new functionality or processes
- Plan and manage small to medium sized projects, in coordination with technical and business teams.
A bachelor's degree in a related discipline, plus 3-5 years of experience in roles with cross-functional responsibilities; Salesforce experience preferred.
SHOULD YOU APPLY?
If you’ve got all the below skills, drop what you’re doing right now and reach out. If you’ve got some of these skills, we still want to hear from you!
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills. Ability to communicate technical solutions to non-technical end-users.
- Unrelenting intellectual curiosity
- Strong problem solving & technical skills
- Demonstrated ability to concurrently manage multiple projects.
- You want to work in a fast-paced environment and are comfortable operating within ambiguity
Just as our employees are threads in the cultural fabric of PI, THREADS is our framework for understanding our core values.
Teamwork: Focus on the “we,” not the “me.”
Honesty: Follow your moral compass.
Reliability: Be someone others can count on.
Energy: Be balanced, be energized.
Action: Errors of action are better than errors of inaction. Be brave.
Drive: Own it.
Scope: Don't try to boil the ocean.
The Predictive Index participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is an Internet-based system that compares information from an employee's Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification, to data from U.S. Department of Homeland Security and Social Security Administration records to confirm employment eligibility.
The Predictive Index is an Equal Opportunity Employer.