The Predictive Index—the talent optimization leader—is an award-winning best place to work (Inc., Glassdoor, Boston Business Journal, The Boston Globe).
Our mission is “Better work, better world," and we take great pride in PI’s power to supercharge workplace relationships and culture to achieve the unthinkable. We’re our own best case study! You’ll be working toward a mission that inspires you, and you’ll be surrounded by fun, smart, driven people day in and day out.
There’s a reason more than 8,000 companies—including Nissan, Citizens Bank, Drift, Subway, Blue Cross Blue Shield, Docusign, and Omni Hotels—trust PI to help them hire top talent, design winning teams, and develop leaders at every level. Come discover how we empower our clients to solve their biggest challenges and make their business dreams come true.
We are looking for an experienced user experience research leader that will advocate for the user's total experience across all our product portfolio and help establish a strong research practice at the Predictive Index. You will play a critical role in establishing, evangelizing and scaling user experience research at PI.
You will work tightly with product and design leadership, design operations, product designers, brand designers, product marketers and business intelligence teams to deliver actionable insights. You will refine the UX research process and will find yourself educating and enabling others on research methods and processes formally and informally.
This role is best suited for UX Research professionals who love building and growing teams, but also want to stay close to the practice. You will hire and manage user experience researchers and will also take on projects of your own. You will recommend appropriate methodology, protocol and offer insights from previous studies.
As the leader of the research team, you will often liaise with product leadership and other executives to understand and set appropriate expectations. There are needs across multiple teams with varying degrees of importance and urgency. Your ability to scope, prioritize and communicate actionable findings is key to your success in this role.
If you are a practical leader who values collaboration and measures success by the user/business impact you’re making over perfection of the research study, then we’d love for you to apply.
- Lead scoping, prioritization, planning and execution of research projects with appropriate research methodology
- Recruit and manage UX researchers
- Refine UX Research Process
- Lead curation of knowledge repository
- Analyze, synthesize and present actionable findings (eg., design considerations, job-to-be-done statements) to a wide group of internal audience
- As appropriate, conduct generative (eg., discovery interviews, surveys) and evaluative research (eg., user interface testing, card sorts, concept testing, first-click tests) with internal and external stakeholders.
- Collaborate with product designers, developers, product management, product marketing, and front line team members to identify research opportunities to improve the client and partner experiences
- Codify and standardize the research process and relevant methodologies and artifacts (eg., (research protocols,test plans, worksheets, findings templates)
- Evangelize and educate the organization on user experience research
SHOULD YOU APPLY?
If you’ve got all the below skills, drop what you’re doing right now and reach out. If you’ve got some of these skills, we still want to hear from you!
- Proficiency on research methods (strong on qualitative, familiarity with quantitative)
- Proficiency with remote tools such UserZoom, UserTesting.com, Optimal Workshops
- Excellent facilitation skills to engage internal cross-functional teams, and external partners and clients
- 4+ years of experience as a User Experience Researcher or equivalent required. SAAS experience preferred.
- Experience managing research team
- A Bachelor's in Human Factors, Cognitive Science, HCI, Interaction Design, or related field
Just as our employees are threads in the cultural fabric of PI, THREADS is our framework for understanding our core values.
Teamwork: Focus on the “we,” not the “me.”
Honesty: Follow your moral compass.
Reliability: Be someone others can count on.
Energy: Be balanced, be energized.
Action: Errors of action are better than errors of inaction. Be brave.
Drive: Own it.
Scope: Don't try to boil the ocean.
The Predictive Index participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is an Internet-based system that compares information from an employee's Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification, to data from U.S. Department of Homeland Security and Social Security Administration records to confirm employment eligibility.
The Predictive Index is an Equal Opportunity Employer.