The Predictive Index—the talent optimization leader—is an award-winning best place to work (Inc., Glassdoor, Boston Business Journal, The Boston Globe).
Our mission is “Better work, better world," and we take great pride in PI’s power to supercharge workplace relationships and culture to achieve the unthinkable. We’re our own best case study! You’ll be working toward a mission that inspires you, and you’ll be surrounded by fun, smart, driven people day in and day out.
There’s a reason more than 8,000 companies—including Nissan, Citizens Bank, Drift, Subway, Blue Cross Blue Shield, Docusign, and Omni Hotels—trust PI to help them hire top talent, design winning teams, and develop leaders at every level. Come discover how we empower our clients to solve their biggest challenges and make their business dreams come true.
The Predictive Index is a place where people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives collaborate on amazing, important work. We celebrate our differences, knowing that they are fundamental to our success as an organization. “Better Work, Better World,” starts here, in an organization where every member of the PI community is valued, respected, and welcome. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply.
We’re looking for a driven DevOps Manager who has experience managing a small team of DevOps engineers. This is a high visibility role leading the release engineering function that will enable PI’s strategic goals. The team you will lead has about 4 engineers and is working on site reliability, release orchestration, and infrastructure management. You will be the key technical resource as part of the leadership group determining which problems to solve, the ideal solution, scope, and resource requirements to drive your product to success. We are in the early design stage of rebuilding our core platform so strong vision, architectural, and project management skills are a must. You will report directly to the Director of Engineering, but you are the CEO of your team and have the autonomy to set the mission and drive it to completion.
- Leverage your deep technical experience to guide your team’s development while growing your planning, management, and communication skills.
- 40% hands-on implementing projects. 60% planning and management
- Create a technology investment roadmap for your team. Regularly track and communicate progress against your roadmap.
- Partner with software engineering teams to understand their needs and provide a high level of service towards enabling their efficiency
- Create your team’s technical training plan. Hire new team members, coach existing team members, and invest in new skill training.
- Contribute to PI’s public facing engineering brand to attract top talent to your team
- Leverage feedback and retros to continuously improve technology and process with your team.
- Rollout software updates to a large client base with no disruption of service
- Primary technologies include .NET backend and API layer with Angular and Node.js frontend, hosted in Azure Cloud
SHOULD YOU APPLY?
If you’ve got all the below skills, drop what you’re doing right now and reach out. If you’ve got some of these skills, we still want to hear from you!
- Strong track record of delivering complex projects in a fast paced, agile environment
- Experience supporting a service oriented architecture in the cloud.
- Understanding of how to scale a system to meet the needs of a growing user base
- Change agent willing to experiment, learn, and pivot by making data driven decisions
- Strong manager, career coach, and advocate to ensure everyone on the team is happy, engaged, and challenged
- Knowledge of engineering practices in a 24/7 cloud environment
Just as our employees are threads in the cultural fabric of PI, THREADS is our framework for understanding our core values.
Teamwork: Focus on the “we,” not the “me.”
Honesty: Follow your moral compass.
Reliability: Be someone others can count on.
Energy: Be balanced, be energized.
Action: Errors of action are better than errors of inaction. Be brave.
Drive: Own it.
Scope: Don't try to boil the ocean.
The Predictive Index participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is an Internet-based system that compares information from an employee's Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification, to data from U.S. Department of Homeland Security and Social Security Administration records to confirm employment eligibility.
The Predictive Index is an Equal Opportunity Employer.