The Predictive Index is a technology company and the leader in talent optimization. We are also an award-winning best place to work(Glassdoor, Inc., Boston Business Journal, The Boston Globe).
Our mission is “Better work, better world," and we take great pride in PI’s power to supercharge workplace relationships and culture to achieve the unthinkable. We’re our own best case study! You’ll be working toward an inspiring mission and you’ll be surrounded by fun, smart, driven people day in and day out.
There’s a reason more than 8,000 companies—including Docusign, Drift, the LA Clippers, Hugo Boss, and Nissan—trust PI to help them hire top talent, design winning teams, and develop leaders at every level. Come discover how we empower our clients to solve their biggest people challenges and make their business dreams come true.
The Predictive Index is a place where people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives collaborate on amazing, important work. We celebrate our differences, knowing that they are fundamental to our success as an organization. “Better Work, Better World,” starts here, in an organization where every member of the PI community is valued, respected, and welcomed. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply.
We’re looking for a driven and entrepreneurial engineering director with a proven track record of leading infrastructure development and developer experience for a SaaS application. You will own driving our infrastructure vision forward as we advance our product-led strategy. To execute against the infrastructure roadmap, you will manage the Developer Experience (DevX) team, comprising the devops functions around release engineering, developer tooling, and system monitoring through the network operations center. You must understand the principles of scaling the system and the organization since both our product and team are experiencing high growth. The DevX team will grow from 6 to 16 people over the next 12 months. You will report directly to the SVP of Engineering, and you will have the autonomy to set the vision and mission then drive them to completion.
- Lead 3 teams within DevX - Release Engineering, Developer Tooling, NOC
- Work with key stakeholders to define and execute on the infrastructure roadmap
- Communicate vision, plans, and progress to an executive audience
- Enable all engineers to operate more efficiently by aggressively eliminating bottlenecks to more frequent deploys and automated infrastructure management
- Project manage so new work is executed in a thoughtful manner and rolled out with minimal disruption
- Ensure the engineering brand at PI attracts top talent and promote a progressive technology culture
- Coach your team members to improve their skills and achieve their career goals
- Lead cross-functional communication with leaders across all lines of business
- Primary technologies for our application include .Net on the backend and API layer, Angular and Node.js frontend, hosted in the cloud on Azure
- DevX tools include Terraform, CircleCI, Octopus, and Azure
SHOULD YOU APPLY?
If you’ve got all the below skills, drop what you’re doing right now and reach out. If you’ve got some of these skills, we still want to hear from you!
- Strong track record of delivering complex projects in a fast paced, agile environment
- Understanding of the challenges working in a high scale system with a rapidly growing user base
- Change agent willing to experiment, learn, and pivot by making data driven decisions
- Ability to build relationships across the company, especially with your Engineering and Product Management partners
- Expert knowledge of engineering practices in a 24/7 public cloud environment
- Strong career coach and advocate for ensuring everyone on the team is happy, engaged, and challenged
Just as our employees are threads in the cultural fabric of PI, THREADS is our framework for understanding our core values.
Teamwork: Focus on the “we,” not the “me.”
Honesty: Follow your moral compass.
Reliability: Be someone others can count on.
Energy: Be balanced, be energized.
Action: Errors of action are better than errors of inaction. Be brave.
Drive: Own it.
Scope: Don't try to boil the ocean.
The Predictive Index participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is an Internet-based system that compares information from an employee's Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification, to data from U.S. Department of Homeland Security and Social Security Administration records to confirm employment eligibility.
The Predictive Index is an Equal Opportunity Employer.