The Predictive Index—the talent optimization leader—is an award-winning best place to work (Inc., Glassdoor, Boston Business Journal, The Boston Globe).
Our mission is “Better work, better world," and we take great pride in PI’s power to supercharge workplace relationships and culture to achieve the unthinkable. We’re our own best case study! You’ll be working toward a mission that inspires you, and you’ll be surrounded by fun, smart, driven people day in and day out.
There’s a reason more than 8,000 companies—including Nissan, Citizens Bank, Drift, Subway, Blue Cross Blue Shield, Docusign, and Omni Hotels—trust PI to help them hire top talent, design winning teams, and develop leaders at every level. Come discover how we empower our clients to solve their biggest challenges and make their business dreams come true.
The Predictive Index is a place where people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives collaborate on amazing, important work. We celebrate our differences, knowing that they are fundamental to our success as an organization. “Better Work, Better World,” starts here, in an organization where every member of the PI community is valued, respected, and welcome. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply.
Does bringing ideas to life get you excited? Do you enjoy leading a diverse group of individuals towards a common goal? Are you interested in growing a career in software product management?
We’re looking for a driven and passionate individual who is curious about customer needs, eager to to develop amazing product experiences, loves working collaboratively across teams, has some attention to detail, likes building processes to improve team efficiency, and most importantly is ready to learn.
At the Predictive Index, the Product Owner will report directly to and work closely with an experienced Product Manager. Together they are embedded on a scrum team with Engineers, a UI designer, a UX Researcher, and other cross-functional team members.
While the Product Manager will be responsible for discovery, vision, and roadmap planning, the Product Owner will turn ideas into reality.
- Communicating business priorities and voice of the customer to the software development team
- Turning customer pains and problems into user-first experiences
- Translating the product roadmap and vision into actionable bite-sized work (user stories) for software engineers to build
- Working with the development team to ensure clarity of requirements, and refining user story details - balancing features with technical costs
- Building and prioritizing the product backlog, based on the business priorities and in consideration of team efficiency
- Verifying “stories” are completed to specifications
- Planning and communicating release schedules with internal stakeholders
- Working hand-in-hand with technical lead to tackle technical debt
- Attending all agile and scrum meetings to ensure that development work is aligned with the roadmap set by the Product Manager
- Validating prototypes with users and experimentation
- Providing feedback on the validated roadmap to the Product Manager
The Product Owner role will benefit greatly from tight partnership with and mentorship from their Product Manager, and may use this position as a stepping stone for furthering their product career, potentially becoming a Product Manager themselves!
SHOULD YOU APPLY?
If you’ve got all the below skills, drop what you’re doing right now and reach out. If you’ve got some of these skills, we still want to hear from you!
- Bachelor’s degree+ or equivalent work experience preferred
- At some point, you’ve completely owned a project from start to finish and knocked it out of the park!
- Solid communication skills (with internal stakeholders and customers) and interest to grow in stakeholder management and influence
- Relevant experience in software / SaaS company (Relevant previous roles may include: customer service, technical support, business systems, customer success, software engineering, user research)
You will excel in this role if you are:
- Flexible and adaptable to accommodate key business priorities
- Comfortable handling multiple priorities and projects simultaneously
- Able to synthesize data from multiple sources (customer interviews, software usage metrics, etc.) and make smart decisions with incomplete information
- Passionate about learning and approach the world with a curiosity mindset and driven - we are growing so you MUST be willing to roll up your sleeves
- Energetic – we have a vibrant group. Jumping in, having great team cohesion and showing leadership is all key.
PI is headquartered in our amazing Westwood, MA office, but we are also geo-flexible / remote-friendly for candidates with the right fit for our team and organization.
Here are some of the people and teams you’ll likely work with!
Product Management Teammates
We’re an Adapting Team!
We’re an Exploring Team! Producing Team!
The Predictive Index participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is an Internet-based system that compares information from an employee's Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification, to data from U.S. Department of Homeland Security and Social Security Administration records to confirm employment eligibility. The Predictive Index is an Equal Opportunity Employer