The Predictive Index—the talent optimization leader—is an award-winning best place to work (Inc., Glassdoor, Boston Business Journal, The Boston Globe).
Our mission is “Better work, better world," and we take great pride in PI’s power to supercharge workplace relationships and culture to achieve the unthinkable. We’re our own best case study! You’ll be working toward a mission that inspires you, and you’ll be surrounded by fun, smart, driven people day in and day out.
There’s a reason more than 8,000 companies—including Nissan, Citizens Bank, Drift, Subway, Blue Cross Blue Shield, Docusign, and Omni Hotels—trust PI to help them hire top talent, design winning teams, and develop leaders at every level. Come discover how we empower our clients to solve their biggest challenges and make their business dreams come true.
We are seeking an energetic, solution-oriented, IT Support Specialist who has proven experience providing technical day to day support to employees located at the main office and remote sites via remote access software. The IT Support Specialist troubleshoots hardware and software application issues, installs and upgrades software, repairs computer equipment, and other as various tasks as needed.
At The Predictive Index, we embrace a fun, hard-working and action-oriented workplace culture while keeping our employees’ careers and lives outside of work top-of-mind. If you function best in a client-focused, fast-paced environment where you’re expected to think outside of the box and take action, you may be a good fit.
- Troubleshoot user hardware, software, and networking issues
- Software installation and related upgrades
- Installs and configures computers, monitors, and peripherals such as printers, scanners, and related hardware
- Maintains, upgrades and repairs PCs/laptops and Windows & Apple applications for all systems
- Assist in documenting IT technical instructions, processes and procedures
- Receive and keep track of IT related inventory
- Setup employee workstations and build/move office furniture as needed.
- Manage and take responsibility for projects delegated by direct manager as needed.
- Keep abreast of current technology through self-study
- BS degree in Information Systems or equivalent experience
- 1-2 years of general computer installation, maintenance and repair experience; or, an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the duties of the job as listed above.
- Proven expertise troubleshooting devices in both Windows and MacOS environments
- Experience troubleshooting wireless and wired networking device
- Experience using helpdesk tracking software
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Good interpersonal skills, communication and troubleshooting skills
- Self-managed, highly motivated and a strong drive for results
- Demonstrated accuracy and attention to detail is critical
- May be required to work off hours and some weekends as needed
People most qualified for this role will be:
- This individual should be organized and reliable with the ability to multitask and prioritize issues while possessing a professional demeanor
- This individual must be able to communicate concisely and clearly to a varied user base
- This individual should be technically proficient with a desire to learn new and exciting technologies
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee must have the ability to lift 50lbs as well as the ability to maneuver packages of any weight above 50lbs with appropriate equipment and/or assistance from another person. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
The Predictive Index participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is an Internet-based system that compares information from an employee's Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification, to data from U.S. Department of Homeland Security and Social Security Administration records to confirm employment eligibility.