The Predictive Index—the talent optimization leader—is an award-winning best place to work (Inc., Glassdoor, Boston Business Journal, The Boston Globe).
Our mission is “Better work, better world," and we take great pride in PI’s power to supercharge workplace relationships and culture to achieve the unthinkable. We’re our own best case study! You’ll be working toward a mission that inspires you, and you’ll be surrounded by fun, smart, driven people day in and day out.
There’s a reason more than 8,000 companies—including Nissan, Citizens Bank, Drift, Subway, Blue Cross Blue Shield, Docusign, and Omni Hotels—trust PI to help them hire top talent, design winning teams, and develop leaders at every level. Come discover how we empower our clients to solve their biggest challenges and make their business dreams come true.
The Predictive Index is a place where people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives collaborate on amazing, important work. We celebrate our differences, knowing that they are fundamental to our success as an organization. “Better Work, Better World,” starts here, in an organization where every member of the PI community is valued, respected, and welcome. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply.
Are you a people person intrigued by how teams create amazing culture? Are you energized by meeting and working with smart, talented, and kind people? Our team could be the place for you. You’ll work alongside smart top performers in a high growth environment, with the stability and resources of a company that’s been on the cutting edge of talent for over sixty years. We rarely have entry-level roles open on our Talent Optimization team, and are excited to find someone hungry to build a career in People Operations.
We are looking for an energetic, collaborative, and self-motivated individual who is energized to support engaging candidate and employee experiences.This critical member of our People Operations team will lead on logistics for final round candidate interviews, and will be the point person in keeping our office running smoothly. The ideal candidate is energized by the chance for career advancement, with potential career paths in talent acquisition, benefits, talent management, learning & development, and anywhere else in the company that catches your interest.
- Act as the brand ambassador for all visitors to our offices and incoming communications, ensuring that all experiences with PI are great experiences
- Play a key role in the talent acquisition process, including but not limited to, scheduling interviews and ensuring a white glove experience for all candidates.
- Coordinate company events and meetings that are actually awesome, not the dread “mandatory fun”
- Welcome new employees by helping to create an amazing new hire on-boarding experience
- Support the organization-wide 360 review process
- Build and manage new hire Asana boards and new hire swag boxes
- Manage amazing office spaces in the building, ensuring the strength of the PI brand
- Be the vanguard of our COVID-19 response, leading support initiatives and keeping Pioneers up-to-date with important policy changes
- Professional communication in person and via phone, Slack, and email
- Carry out routine checks to ensure safety and security
- Play important role in back-to-office planning and preparation
- Oversee vendors (W.B. Mason, Peapod, etc.) for efficiency and great employee experience
SHOULD YOU APPLY?
If you’ve got all the below skills, drop what you’re doing right now and reach out. If you’ve got some of these skills, we still want to hear from you!
- Service orientation – you approach your work with confidence but without ego
- Energetic – you are excited to be the first smiling face someone sees when they come to PI
- Accountable – you do your best work when you know others depend on you
- Reliable – you do what you say you’re going to, and others can count on you
- Experience with talent acquisition and/or HR is nice-to-have, but not at all required; please use your cover letter to briefly explain your transferable skills from other experience or education, and our team would love to consider you
Just as our employees are threads in the cultural fabric of PI, THREADS is our framework for understanding our core values.
Teamwork: Focus on the “we,” not the “me.”
Honesty: Follow your moral compass.
Reliability: Be someone others can count on.
Energy: Be balanced, be energized.
Action: Errors of action are better than errors of inaction. Be brave.
Drive: Own it.
Scope: Don't try to boil the ocean.
The Predictive Index participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is an Internet-based system that compares information from an employee's Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification, to data from U.S. Department of Homeland Security and Social Security Administration records to confirm employment eligibility.
The Predictive Index is an Equal Opportunity Employer.