Staff DevOps Engineer
The Predictive Index—the talent optimization leader—is an award-winning best place to work (Inc., Glassdoor, Boston Business Journal, The Boston Globe).
Our mission is “Better work, better world," and we take great pride in PI’s power to supercharge workplace relationships and culture to achieve the unthinkable. We’re our own best case study! You’ll be working toward a mission that inspires you, and you’ll be surrounded by fun, smart, driven people day in and day out.
There’s a reason more than 8,000 companies—including Nissan, Citizens Bank, Drift, Subway, Blue Cross Blue Shield, Docusign, and Omni Hotels—trust PI to help them hire top talent, design winning teams, and develop leaders at every level. Come discover how we empower our clients to solve their biggest challenges and make their business dreams come true.
The Predictive Index is a place where people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives collaborate on amazing, important work. We celebrate our differences, knowing that they are fundamental to our success as an organization. “Better Work, Better World,” starts here, in an organization where every member of the PI community is valued, respected, and welcome. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply.
We’re looking for an energetic, collaborative, and entrepreneurial engineer with proven experience implementing infrastructure as code in a cloud environment. The Staff DevOps Engineer will get to take our minimal Terraform code and expand or rebuild to provide on demand testing environments and highly available geo-redundant services. The ideal candidate has strong opinions on best practices and a track record of selling and delivering on new processes / technology to other engineers. As our engineering team grows by another 35% this year, we want our DevOps group to be best in class in supporting the shift to a larger team.
- Solidifying our Infrastructure as Code strategy
- Writing Terraform plans for our current infrastructure that serve as an ideal for others to follow and coaching others on best practices for new services being developed.
- Working with CircleCI, Octopus, and other tools to bring IaC into our processes
- Working with the DevOps team on our long term roadmap and advocating for ideas that help make developing at PI fast, safe, easy, and enjoyable.
SHOULD YOU APPLY?
If you’ve got all the below skills, drop what you’re doing right now and reach out. If you’ve got some of these skills, we still want to hear from you!
- Experience with tools like Terraform
- Familiarity with Azure and experience implementing solutions in a cloud environment
- Strong sense of what an ideal DevOps culture looks like and the passion to advocate for it
- Successful partnership with a fast-paced and scaling engineering team
Just as our employees are threads in the cultural fabric of PI, THREADS is our framework for understanding our core values.
Teamwork: Focus on the “we,” not the “me.”
Honesty: Follow your moral compass.
Reliability: Be someone others can count on.
Energy: Be balanced, be energized.
Action: Errors of action are better than errors of inaction. Be brave.
Drive: Own it.
Scope: Don't try to boil the ocean.
The Predictive Index participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is an Internet-based system that compares information from an employee's Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification, to data from U.S. Department of Homeland Security and Social Security Administration records to confirm employment eligibility.
The Predictive Index is an Equal Opportunity Employer.