The Predictive Index is a technology company and the leader in talent optimization. We are also an award-winning best place to work (Inc., Glassdoor, Boston Business Journal, The Boston Globe).
Our mission is “Better work, better world," and we take great pride in PI’s power to supercharge workplace relationships and culture to achieve the unthinkable. We’re our own best case study! You’ll be working toward a mission that inspires you, and you’ll be surrounded by fun, smart, driven people day in and day out.
There’s a reason more than 8,000 companies—including Drift, the LA Clippers, Hugo Boss, Docusign, and Nissan—trust PI to help them hire top talent, design winning teams, and develop leaders at every level. Come discover how we empower our clients to solve their biggest challenges and make their business dreams come true.
We’re looking for a driven and entrepreneurial software engineering director with a proven track record of managing multiple engineering teams as they execute on cross-departmental projects. You will oversee 3 agile teams and partner closely with Product Management as you design and build the next phase of Talent Optimization. We are rebuilding our core platform into a service oriented architecture so strong vision, architectural, and project management skills are a must. You will report directly to the VP of Engineering, but you are the CEO of your teams and have the autonomy to set the mission and drive it to completion.
- Lead 3 agile engineering teams consisting of a lead engineer and 3-5 individual contributors
- Work with key stakeholders to define and execute on the product technology roadmap
- Ensure the engineering brand at PI attracts top talent and promote a progressive technology culture
- Coach your team members to improve their skills and achieve their career goals
- Define engineering process to build and lead high performing teams
- Project manage so new work is executed in a thoughtful manner and rolled out to a large client base with minimal disruption in service
- Lead cross-functional communication with leaders across all lines of business
- Primary technologies include .Net backend and API layer with Angular and Node.js frontend, hosted in Azure Cloud
SHOULD YOU APPLY?
If you’ve got all the below skills, drop what you’re doing right now and reach out. If you’ve got some of these skills, we still want to hear from you!
- Strong track record of delivering complex projects in a fast paced, agile environment
- Understanding of the challenges working in a high scale system with a rapidly growing user base
- Change agent willing to experiment, learn, and pivot by making data driven decisions
- Ability to build relationships across the company, especially with your Product Management counterparts
- Knowledge of engineering practices in a 24/7 cloud environment
- Strong career coach and advocate for ensuring everyone on the team is happy, engaged, and challenged
Just as our employees are threads in the cultural fabric of PI, THREADS is our framework for understanding our core values.
Teamwork: Focus on the “we,” not the “me.”
Honesty: Follow your moral compass.
Reliability: Be someone others can count on.
Energy: Be balanced, be energized.
Action: Errors of action are better than errors of inaction. Be brave.
Drive: Own it.
Scope: Don't try to boil the ocean.
The Predictive Index participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is an Internet-based system that compares information from an employee's Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification, to data from U.S. Department of Homeland Security and Social Security Administration records to confirm employment eligibility.
The Predictive Index is an Equal Opportunity Employer.