The Predictive Index—the talent optimization leader—is an award-winning best place to work (Inc., Glassdoor, Boston Business Journal, The Boston Globe).
Our mission is “Better work, better world," and we take great pride in PI’s power to supercharge workplace relationships and culture to achieve the unthinkable. We’re our own best case study! You’ll be working toward a mission that inspires you, and you’ll be surrounded by fun, smart, driven people day in and day out.
There’s a reason more than 8,000 companies—including Nissan, Citizens Bank, Drift, Subway, Blue Cross Blue Shield, Docusign, and Omni Hotels—trust PI to help them hire top talent, design winning teams, and develop leaders at every level. Come discover how we empower our clients to solve their biggest challenges and make their business dreams come true.
The Predictive Index is a place where people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives collaborate on amazing, important work. We celebrate our differences, knowing that they are fundamental to our success as an organization. “Better Work, Better World,” starts here, in an organization where every member of the PI community is valued, respected, and welcome. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply.
We’re looking for energetic, savvy, and data-hungry People Scientists with demonstrated success in conducting workplace research and developing assessments. The Science team will always take the lead in maintaining the integrity of our existing assessments and the development of new ones, but we are moving into a new era of science. The People Scientist will serve as a multi-faceted, evolving expert in all things organizational science. You will lead projects in research, data science, psychometrics, product innovation, client education, thought leadership, and everything in between. This is far from a stuffy, boring science role: you will work independently, make critical contributions to improving our software, and pave the way for scientific innovation at PI.
- Driving a research agenda devoted to providing quick, actionable, and indispensable insights to clients.
- Serving as an expert scientific and data advisor with various Product teams.
- Putting psychometric skills to use in the development of new assessments and maintenance of existing assessments.
- Translating advanced technical concepts into compelling stories that drive measurable change for our internal and external stakeholders.
- Creating and editing both technical and client-facing documentation, videos, and other learning tools.
- Conducting research on trending topics using both well-established and cutting edge statistical techniques.
- Developing new assessments and/or products, including item writing, field-testing, data analysis, and reporting.
- Leading criterion-validation studies, from project management to results presentation.
- Providing thought leadership through blogs, papers, presentations, and product innovations.
- Collaborating with other functions at PI, as well as clients, prospects, and our Partner Network.
Should you apply? If you’ve got all these skills, drop what you’re doing right now. If you’ve got some of these skills, we still want to hear about them!
- Strong data analytic and statistics skills including expertise in at least one statistical package. R is strongly preferred, but we can teach you if you’re not that familiar.
- Advanced degree and/or equivalent experience in industrial-organizational psychology, organizational behavior, data science, or anything involving working with significant data, statistics, and psychometrics.
- Working knowledge about workforce science topics like employee selection, development, engagement, personality assessment, cognitive ability, and teams.
- Track record of creating, building, or implementing something significant for clients, whether internal or external.
- Creativity and expert ability to communicate novel ideas.
- Ability to operate at the intersection of fast pace and high quality.
- Even better if you’ve done some or all of the above with experience in test development, organizational research, SQL, Python, and/or more advanced methodology such as machine learning and structural equation modeling
Just as our employees are threads in the cultural fabric of PI, THREADS is our framework for understanding our core values.
Teamwork: Focus on the “we,” not the “me.”
Honesty: Follow your moral compass.
Reliability: Be someone others can count on.
Energy: Be balanced, be energized.
Action: Errors of action are better than errors of inaction. Be brave.
Drive: Own it.
Scope: Don't try to boil the ocean.
The Predictive Index participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is an Internet-based system that compares information from an employee's Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification, to data from U.S. Department of Homeland Security and Social Security Administration records to confirm employment eligibility.
The Predictive Index is an Equal Opportunity Employer