The Predictive Index—the talent optimization leader—is an award-winning best place to work (Inc., Glassdoor, Boston Business Journal, The Boston Globe).
Our mission is “Better work, better world," and we take great pride in PI’s power to supercharge workplace relationships and culture to achieve the unthinkable. We’re our own best case study! You’ll be working toward a mission that inspires you, and you’ll be surrounded by fun, smart, driven people day in and day out.
There’s a reason more than 8,000 companies—including Nissan, Citizens Bank, Drift, Subway, Blue Cross Blue Shield, Docusign, and Omni Hotels—trust PI to help them hire top talent, design winning teams, and develop leaders at every level. Come discover how we empower our clients to solve their biggest challenges and make their business dreams come true.
The Predictive Index is a place where people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives collaborate on amazing, important work. We celebrate our differences, knowing that they are fundamental to our success as an organization. “Better Work, Better World,” starts here, in an organization where every member of the PI community is valued, respected, and welcome. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply.
We are seeking a technically-oriented Senior Data Engineer to drive efficiency across our business intelligence data landscape. This person will have a passion for problem-solving and will analyze all existing data pipelines to identify opportunities to increase efficiency and enhance data quality. They will gain a deep understanding of the data sources that populate DOMO, our BI reporting platform, and the connections that integrate those systems. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of providing data solutions that empower stakeholders to make critical business decisions and will play a key role in championing data quality and consistency across the business.
- Streamline the current data landscape and create a visible and reusable architecture to increase transparency and standardization of definitions.
- Partner with stakeholders and BI Analysts to define and build a centralized data repository purpose-built for reporting.
- Create and maintain a single source of truth data dictionary.
- Streamline ETL’s into coherent views to support effective and consistent reporting to the business.
- Work closely with vendors from PI’s tech stack to evaluate all API integration options with DOMO.
- Build historical datasets to eventually leverage them into data science investigations.
- Work closely with the systems team to understand and develop expertise in a growing range of PI data sources and their applications across the business. Staying up to date on the data lineage is critical.
- Constitute rules of engagement and governance processes regarding the analytics data landscape.
- Support and train team members on data architecture and similar concepts.
SHOULD YOU APPLY?
If you’ve got all the below skills, drop what you’re doing right now and reach out. If you’ve got some of these skills, we still want to hear from you!
- Experience building schema to scale and automate workflows.
- Experience and knowledge of modern data stores, pipeline and reporting/analytic techniques and tools.
- Experience building data models and data warehouses is highly desired.
- Expertise in SQL, MYSQL, Python, and/or R is preferred.
- Strong analytical skills: Ability to collect, organize, and analyze data; summarize findings and develop conclusions and recommendations.
- Self-starter who takes initiative and is proactive and able to prioritize multiple projects involving various stakeholders by meeting deadlines and proactively communicating status updates.
- Ability to communicate at all levels of the organization, from end-users to Senior Management.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, mathematics, computer science, or equivalent data engineering work experience, preferred
Just as our employees are threads in the cultural fabric of PI, THREADS is our framework for understanding our core values.
Teamwork: Focus on the “we,” not the “me.”
Honesty: Follow your moral compass.
Reliability: Be someone others can count on.
Energy: Be balanced, be energized.
Action: Errors of action are better than errors of inaction. Be brave.
Drive: Own it.
Scope: Don't try to boil the ocean.
The Predictive Index participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is an Internet-based system that compares information from an employee's Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification, to data from U.S. Department of Homeland Security and Social Security Administration records to confirm employment eligibility.
The Predictive Index is an Equal Opportunity Employer.