The Predictive Index is a technology company and the leader in talent optimization. We are also an award-winning best place to work (Inc., Glassdoor, Boston Business Journal, The Boston Globe).
Our mission is “Better work, better world," and we take great pride in PI’s power to supercharge workplace relationships and culture to achieve the unthinkable. We’re our own best case study! You’ll be working toward a mission that inspires you and you’ll be surrounded by fun, smart, driven people day in and day out.
There’s a reason more than 8,000 companies—including Drift, the LA Clippers, Hugo Boss, DocuSign, and Nissan—trust PI to help them hire top talent, design winning teams, and develop leaders at every level. Come discover how we empower our clients to solve their biggest challenges and make their business dreams come true.
We are seeking a passionate, collaborative, and highly-creative public relations professional to join the high-growth Brand & Communications team at The Predictive Index.
As the PR Specialist, you’ll help to blaze the trail for a new market category telling compelling brand, customer, and partner stories that help to own, build, and evangelize talent optimization.
Reporting directly to the Communications Manager, in this role you will work collaboratively with an internal team, and externally with our PR agency to:
- Generate buzz and thought leadership by working with our PR agency on compelling media pitches, press releases, speaking proposals, and award submissions
- Evangelize the voice of our customers and partners by sourcing, writing, and sharing customer and partner success stories
- Help drive brand and category awareness by executing integrated marketing, PR, and social campaigns
- Support overall PR and advocacy strategy to gain media attention and build product, company, and category awareness
- Work with external PR firm to execute PR activities, including writing press releases and contributed thought leadership articles
- Share top press hits via internal comms, and externally through social media
- Source PI customers and partners for speaking engagements, case studies, and testimonials
- Maintain a consistent pipeline of partner and customer stories to support press activities
- Ensure customer story database stays up-to-date
- Recommend and execute new brand campaigns to increase the reach of the PI brand
- Work with the PI promotions team to maintain a consistent social presence and brand tone in support of campaigns
- Update press mentions on PI website and keep all press materials/media lists up-to-date
- BS/BA in communications related field, or commensurate experience
- 2+ years of experience in B2B communications, agency/in-house experience ideal
- Superior written communication skills - a strong writer who can turn complex messages into press-friendly language (portfolio of writing samples/successful campaigns a plus)
- Strong ability to establish relationships
- Some experience driving customer success communications for win-win outcomes
- Excellent cross-functional collaboration skills
- Passion and ability to work well in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment; start-up experience a plus
Just as our employees are threads in the cultural fabric of PI, THREADS is our framework for understanding our core values.
- Teamwork: Focus on the “we,” not the “me.”
- Honesty: Follow your moral compass.
- Reliability: Be someone others can count on.
- Energy: Be balanced, be energized.
- Action: Errors of action are better than errors of inaction. Be brave.
- Drive: Own it.
- Scope: Don't try to boil the ocean.
The Predictive Index participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is an Internet-based system that compares information from an employee's Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification, to data from U.S. Department of Homeland Security and Social Security Administration records to confirm employment eligibility.
The Predictive Index is an Equal Opportunity Employer.