The Predictive Index (PI) is an award-winning workforce assessment platform. 60 years of proven science, assessment software, and our curriculum of management workshops make PI the perfect option for any company looking to assess, predict, and better manage their people anywhere in the world. Over 6,000 clients use PI to define behavioral and cognitive job requirements, hire the best-fitting candidates, and keep them engaged. AT&T, DocuSign, the LA Clippers, Hugo Boss, and Subway are just a few of our notable clients. Learn more at www.predictiveindex.com.
Teamwork, purpose, and drive are at the core of who we are. Our team takes great pride in the power that PI has to positively impact and supercharge workplace relationships and culture - we are our own best case study.
We’re looking for an energetic DevOps Engineer with cloud experience who wants to be part of our forward-thinking software team. The ideal candidate is energized by the opportunity to improve and streamline the development process, and is rarely satisfied with the status quo. A candidate with the foundational skills of a good build engineer who is excited to get cloud experience
At The Predictive Index, we embrace a fun, hard-working, and action-oriented workplace culture while keeping our employees’ careers and lives outside of work top-of-mind. If you function best in a client-focused, fast-paced environment where you’re expected to think outside of the box and take action, you may be a good fit.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Define, advocate for and implement the processes, infrastructure and operational changes needed to reduce developer friction, increase reliability and reduce costs as it relates to infrastructure, build, release and operation management of the software
- Ensuring that the release process is as efficient and reliable as possible
- Ensuring that we have the proper monitoring in place to understand where we will have scale issues and proactively address upcoming issues before they become a problem
- Ensuring that we have the proper logging and diagnostics to allow devs to quickly troubleshoot issues, including maintaining and consolidation of product logging
- Ensure the infrastructure is secure and controlled such that users can’t easily break production and we understand when attacks are taking place and how to mitigate them.
- Dashboards that provide insight into the health, response time and up-time of the product
- Dashboards that provide insight into the quality of the builds along with a gated process for ensuring that software meets quality gates before its allowed into the mainline development stream
- Tech debt associated with keeping tools used for metric display, logging and performance monitoring
- CICD Pipeline
- Infrastructure that includes all developer sandboxes, deployment promotion environments and production
- Being a quick study – our team works in Azure on the PaaS side, where we do cutting edge-work,
- Serving as key liaison with our DevOps consultants
Things we think are important for the role:
- A desire to learn! We think this is an incredible opportunity to get your hands dirty and learn fast
- Interest in Microsoft Azure and .NET framework – experience is great, but we’ve also got a team of willing trainers
- Managing our build and deployment systems and processes to help our engineering teams breeze through our demanding backlog
- Helping us take full advantage of Microsoft Azure to improve stability, redundancy, and performance
- Providing our dashboards with metrics related to automated tests, releases, performance, and more
- Experience with TeamCity or other build server
- Experience with Azure Platform as a Service
- A bias towards action, getting feedback from others, measurement, and optimization
- You should know what a computer is, how to turn one on, and how to type stuff everywhere
- Must be able to interact and communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization – check your ego at the door
- Experience with Octopus Deploy preferred, but not required
People most qualified for this role will be:
- Cross-functional –at PI, we work as a team!
- Smart – learn our systems and our industry quickly.
- Energetic – we have a vibrant team, energy is required.
- Hard working – we are growing– you MUST be willing to roll up your sleeves.
- Fun – because we work hard, we like to play hard - we hope you do too!
This position is based in our newly renovated office in Westwood, MA or downtown at our new Wework office in Boston, MA. We know you will love it! If you possess all-of-the-above and have experience doing the awesome stuff we just mentioned, PI could be a great career move for you.