The Predictive Index (PI) is a technology company that gives business leaders access to the people science, data, and strategy they need to make objective hiring decisions, design great teams and culture, and reach their strategic business goals. PI has more than 7,000 customers, including Nissan, Citizens Bank, DocuSign, Subway, 47 Brand, Blue Cross Blue Shield, and Omni Hotels—across 142+ countries, and has undergone more than 500 validity studies.
Passion, teamwork, and energy are at the core of who we are. Our team embraces and takes pride in the power of The Predictive Index and its impact on workplace relationships and culture. We are our best case study.
If you are looking to join a company that is innovative, expects you to think outside of the box and empowers its employees to act, this could be the opportunity for you. At the Predictive Index, we embrace an employee-centric culture that has fun, works hard and accomplishes a lot. Our employees, their careers and their life outside of work, are our priorities.
PI will hire a new Head of Engineering that will have the leadership and vision required for an aggressive, high tech, SaaS company that delivers customer value via small dynamic, fast teams focused on results.
Key Characteristics Needed:
- Execution experience - building teams, culture and processes that deliver value nimbly
- Looking for a leader not a player/coach - needs to be able think about the unique technical infrastructure, people and organizational structure then lead the team
- Change agent - have force of will to shift the culture to create a healthy tension between speed, quality and accountability
- Collaborate cross functionally and externally - understand the importance of visibility and alignment across departments
- Clear development philosophy - sets expectations and processes for high impact results that deliver customer value
- Resource planning and roadmapping - blaze a path that differentiates between ‘good’ execution and ‘best-in-class’
Team Design and Execution
- Build a technology team that is recognized as a value-added business partner critical to the company's success.
- Ensure the technology 'brand' at PI attracts high performing engineers and ensures a progressive technology culture
- Coordinate the evaluation, deployment, and management of current and future technologies while maintaining a technological and competitive edge
- Supervise system infrastructure to ensure functionality, stability, speed, and efficiency
- Work with leadership to help define, accelerate and then deliver on product strategy
- Work with key stakeholders to evaluate and prioritize roadmap initiatives
- Work closely with Product team to establish a release strategy for the company.
- Lead cross-functional communication across all lines of business
- Communicate technology strategy to C-level leadership, partners and Board of Directors
- Collaborate with project and product managers to establish and promote best practices
- Lead all ongoing product technology initiatives (e.g. not corporate IT)
- Integration of science team’s algorithms and advancing ML capabilities
- Develop and own technical aspects of the company’s strategy to ensure alignment with product and the overall business goals
- Be the gatekeeper of the technical department and protect the integrity of our code-base.
Should you apply? If you’ve got all these skills, drop what you’re doing right now. If you’ve got some of these skills and the right attitude and smarts, we still may want to chat!
- Experience managing fast dynamic teams and has a track-record of attracting, motivating and developing technology talent
- Proven success driving technology innovation to solve business problems
- History of fueling creative and innovative solutions for the future
- Track record of achieving business goals through their technology strategy
- 5+ years of software engineering management experience, driving development team to successful product release
- B2B and/or B2C SaaS experience
- Superior leadership, passion and vision
- Knowledge of technology trends to build strategy
Those who excel at The Predictive Index are:
- Cross-functional – at PI, we work as a team!
- Smart – learn our systems and our industry quickly.
- Energetic – we have a vibrant office, and when you’re on, you’re on
- Driven – we are growing so you MUST be willing to roll up your sleeves.
- Fun – because we work hard, we like to play hard - we hope you do too!
This position is based in our newly renovated office in Westwood, MA.
The Predictive Index is an Equal Opportunity Employer.