What You’ll Do
As a Geospatial Scientist, you are a self-motivated, energetic individual with a strong background in geospatial concepts and technologies. You will play a key role on the PrecisionHawk Data Services team by leading research strategies and initiatives for discovery projects. Specific responsibilities for the Geospatial Scientist include:
- Utilizing Geographic Information Systems (GIS) and associated software to produce, display, and analyze geographic information
- Developing research strategies for discovery projects with clients
- Using the latest geospatial innovations to propose R&D software solutions that accommodate emerging trends in data quantity and quality
- Designing and testing algorithms and conducting prototyping to evaluate possible scenarios leveraging computational and statistical techniques for the development of novel approaches for high-throughput geospatial data analyses
- Working collaboratively with interdisciplinary scientists internal and external to PrecisionHawk, organizing challenging problems, developing new solutions, and working with business and development teams to ensure these solutions deliver value
What You Bring
We are looking for amazing people who have diverse backgrounds and experiences, are inspired by our mission and are ready to contribute to a fast-paced technology start up environment. You’ll be right at home here if you learn from failure and overcome adversity, cultivate strong relationships, and push yourself, your work and the people around you to the next level. We expect our Geospatial Scientist to:
- Be analytical and data driven: You have experience analyzing and presenting complex data.
- Be a natural problem-solver: You anticipate challenges and opportunities within your work as it relates to our team andPrecision Hawk’s goals and priorities, and quickly generate creative solutions to meet evolving
- Thrive on change and ambiguity : You can fully embrace a fast-moving organization. You have a strong sense of urgency. Deadlines, changing priorities and new projects don’t scare you. Instead, they inspire you to rise to the occasion.
- Be willing to step up to the plate. You’re eager to contribute and learn, willing to provide solutions before we even know there are issues. You are resourceful and acquire skills independently. You make ongoing process improvements. We have a strong commitment to the continuous growth of our team and we want people who are excited to be learning more.
- Embrace technology: You have a proven ability to quickly learn and use new technology.
What We Are Looking For
- Master's or PhD in Remote Sensing, Mathematics, Statistics, Spatial Statistics, Geoinformatics, Environmental Modeling, Engineering, or Computer Science is required
- Expertise with several major geospatial platforms is required (ESRI, ENVI, PCI, GRASS, RemoteView, etc.)
- Proficiency in Spatial and/or Temporal Statistical Modeling
- Experience with automating processes through scripting (Python, ArcPy, IDL, etc.)
- Experience analyzing and presenting complex data and proven problem solving abilities
- Experience with hyperspectral, multispectral, LiDAR, and thermal exploitation preferred
- Proven ability to multitask between different projects
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a matrix environment, leading & influencing people at varying levels of responsibility
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to work well with a team
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
What You’ll Gain
- Joining a team of industry leaders
- Incredibly fun, fast pace of a world-class startup
- Culture of commitment, team, and learning
- Competitive compensation package
- Full benefits package including medical, dental and vision