PrecisionHawk seeks a full-time Vice President Product to support the growth of our rapidly expanding company. This position is based in PrecisionHawk’s headquarters in Raleigh, North Carolina. We are a venture capital-backed high growth technology company with an enterprise platform that uses advanced drone technology to collect and analyze data to improve business intelligence. In 2016, the World Economic Forum recognized us as a Technology Pioneer and we presented our research at the White House as part of the Federal Aviation Authority’s Pathfinder program. We are pioneers in creating a brand-new industry and we need more fantastic, motivated staff to help us make this happen.
What You’ll Do
As Vice President Product, you will marshal both the product management and technology resources to ensure successful deployment of innovative software products and integrated hardware solutions across the company. Our portfolio of industry-specific UAV offerings are developed in a number of ways (some in house, some outsourced and some via partner solutions). The Vice President Product’s specific responsibilities include:
* Work with C-Suite and Executive team to define and communicate product strategy to all stakeholders.
* Lead product planning efforts across the company
* Directly lead, manage and mentor a central team of product development resources including Product Design, Development Operations, Quality Assurance, Security and Hardware Integration. Facilitate the creation of career paths for these staff.
* Indirectly manage and influence matrixed development teams
* Ensure that the focus and priority of development resources align with senior leadership goals
* Collaborate cross-functionally with industry and technical teams to translate market requirements into technical requirements
* Establish and manage relationships with technology and development partners to ensure product plans meet requirements on time and on budget
* Assess product development sprints and enhancement opportunities.
* Partner with industry General Managers to drive innovative ideas, solutions and products through leadership and decisive action.
* Ensure effective processes to deliver products that satisfy the needs of customers.
* Build a product management and engineering culture around experimentation and transparency in which failure is understood to be a learning opportunity and successes are celebrated. Help establish and spread PrecisionHawk’s talent brand in the technology community
What You Bring
We are looking for amazing people who have diverse backgrounds and experiences, are inspired by our mission and are ready to contribute to a fast-paced technology start up environment. You’ll be right at home here if you learn from failure and overcome adversity, cultivate strong relationships, and push yourself, your work and the people around you to the next level. We expect the Vice President Product to:
* Embrace a fast-moving organization. Deadlines, changing priorities and new projects don’t overwhelm you. Instead, they inspire you to rise to the occasion. You have worked in an Agile team development environment and enjoy the approach.
* Be an innovative problem-solver. You can quickly identify challenges, analyze the root causes, and propose solutions and tools to solve issues.
* Hire, develop, manage and retain talent. One of your greatest responsibilities and privileges will be to hire, onboard, manage and develop PrecisionHawk’s amazing people. You are able to create a team that is better than the sum of its parts and you have a distinguished track record of attracting, recruiting, retaining, and coaching world-class talent.
* Be collaborative. We want to hear your opinions. You will support the growth of your colleagues and help them create better solutions. We need you to motivate and influence teams who report to you as well as matrixed teams.
* Serve as a strategic partner: You will work with others to motivate them to hit goals and develop products that meet client needs. We need you to motivate and influence teams who report to you as well as matrixed teams.
* Be passionate: You are passionate about delivering products that help companies implement technology to drive business change and you are excited about the incredible opportunity within the drone space. You leverage this passion for your work.
* Understand client needs. You know how to identify and articulate client business needs and opportunities for growth
What We’re Looking For
* 10+ years of product ownership/management experience including at least 5 years in a leadership role managing product owners, product managers, software developers and other technical resources for a software or SaaS company.
* Ability to think critically and constructively about complex business problems, clearly communicate analysis, and present solutions to address the real business needs.
* Have a deep understanding of agile development and its best practices, and have a history of shaping their adoption
* Proven track record of working comfortably in a fast-paced, Agile team development environment
* Ability to adapt to a fast-paced, ever-changing environment and work across a matrixed environment
* Outstanding verbal and written communication skills and upbeat personality
* Ability to lead with vision but also dig into and manage the details.
* Experience with crafting product narrative and effectively representing that narrative to clients and stakeholders
* Experience managing risks to product delivery
What You’ll Gain
* Joining a team of industry leaders
* Incredibly fun, fast pace of a world-class startup
* Culture of commitment, team, and learning
* Competitive compensation package
* Full benefits package including medical, dental, vision and 401K