Do you like drones? Do you want to be a pioneer and join the front lines of using drone technology to enable smarter decisions in business?
Fantastic – we do, too! PrecisionHawk, Inc. is dedicated to changing the way businesses view their assets and manage resources. To extract the true commercial value of drones, we must continue to advance a multifaceted technology that includes advanced robotics, robust software, and rich data.
What You Will Do
This requires a passionate and curious individual with the appetite to learn a new industry. You will be working in the exciting field of UAV Infrastructure Inspections. The Visual Observer is capable of assisting the drone pilot in the field, performing all work activities assigned to them by the pilot, in addition to processing some data. This position requires some technical or GIS experience.
Qualifications and Experience
- High School Diploma required. Bachelor's in GIS or LiDAR will be considered first.
- FAA Part 107 Certification required.
- Be able to demonstrate experience of working in a technical UAV team.
- Industry recognized Certifications and/or training would be a highly regarded.
- Must have good mechanical aptitude, the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously, and be able to meet rigid deadlines.
- Must be fit to work in the field.
- Ability to adapt to different working environments is essential.
- Be able to manage field tasks.
- Must possess verbal and written communication skills, have experience with and be comfortable using common computer business applications.
- Good driving record and can pass a background check
- Assist pilot in the field to ensure everything on flight is running smoothly (manage and replace batteries, etc)
- Ensure all work is completed within allotted schedule and meets applicable expectations and quality standards, and performance requirements set by customer and PrecisionHawk.
- Interface directly with the pilot and operations support staff.
- Ensure all work is carried out safely, and within PrecisionHawk, OSHA, and customer safety guidelines.
- Attend industry training and maintain currency in product certifications as required.
- Conduct and act professionally and be well groomed and presentable at all times.
- Travel with a flight services pilot and system to projects across the country.
- Act as Visual Observer for pilot in command supporting safe operations.
- Work in the field to support flight operations including data management and system operation.
- Follow in Field procedures for collection, analysis and processing
- Help improve in field processes to achieve greater quality, efficiency, and safety.
- Must be able to follow the procedures for data processing and in field data collection.
- Must have excellent attention to detail.
- Must be able to work in outdoor environments.
- Must be able to travel (70%)f
- Must be a team player with excellent communication skills.
- Lift and/or pull up to 80lbs.
- Able to physically walk to sites in rough terrain.
- Able to stand for long periods of time.
- Out of town/state travel is expected.
- You may be required to work in both finished and unfinished building sites.
- You may be required to work outside of normal business hours if project requirements dictate.
- Employment is conditional on obtaining satisfactory results from background/employment investigation and drug screening.
- This job will be based out of our Folsom, CA office.
What We Will Do
Support Health & Wellness
- Healthcare, Vision, & Dental Insurance
- Optional HSA and FSA
- Local Gym Membership Discounts
Encourage Financial Wellness
- Competitive Salary
- Unlimited Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Three months paid parental leave for primary caregivers, two weeks for secondary caregivers
- PETernity leave for when a new, furry friend joins your family
At PrecisionHawk, we support, celebrate and collectively thrive as a result of diversity. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.