Do you like drones? Do you want to be a pioneer and join the front lines of using drone technology to enable smarter decisions in business?
Fantastic – we do, too! PrecisionHawk, Inc. is dedicated to changing the way businesses view their assets and manage resources. To extract the true commercial value of drones, we must continue to advance a multifaceted technology that includes advanced robotics, robust software, and rich data.
Are you a Full Stack Software Developer who has prior experience working on a scalable, high-volume, web-based application? Do you have experience writing and shipping quality code with a modern web application framework (Java, Spring Boot etc.)? Do you have a clear understanding of HTTP and RESTful APIs? If you are looking for a place where your contributions will have a significant impact on the product this is an exciting opportunity to join our team!
How would you utilize your experience designing and developing web-based applications at PrecisionHawk? Here are a few examples of what you can expect to do and learn:
- You will be a key member of the engineering team who will enable the continuous delivery of quality software
- You will handle server-side and client-side code for a production platform
- You will participate in all aspects of the product development lifecycle
- Work closely with one of our key clients
Our stack includes Java, Spring Boot, PostgreSQL, and REST APIs.
WHO YOU ARE:
- An appreciator of unmanned flying vehicles and curious about air space safety.
- A developer with a thoughtful perspective on testing and quality code.
- Able to communicate directly with customers in a professional and timely manner
- You have strong opinions, loosely held with respect to engineering standards, processes, and tooling
- Well versed in Agile methodology.
- You understand Java, Spring Boot and RESTful APIs, and have complementary front-end skills.
- A collaborator, an innovator, and someone who loves having fun. Challenges are an excitement.
- 3+ years of building and consuming APIs.
- 3+ years of front-end development understanding HTML, CSS, JS, and their interactions.
- Familiarity with UAS Airspace Safety requirements
- Experience with modern front-end frameworks such as React or Angular
- Understanding of GIS fundamentals
- Experience with cloud computing e.g. AWS, Azure, etc
What We'll Do
- Unlimited Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Three months paid parental leave for primary caregivers, three weeks for secondary caregivers
- PETernity leave for when a new, furry friend joins your family
Support Health & Wellness
- Healthcare, Vision, & Dental Insurance
- Optional HSA and FSA
- Local Gym Membership Discounts
- Free Fresh Fruit and Vegetables available daily
Encourage Financial Wellness
- Competitive Salary
At PrecisionHawk, we support, celebrate and collectively thrive as a result of diversity. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.