What Would You Like to Change?
How about your career?
At Praxent, we know you want to be a valued team member who is doing their best work and growing professionally every day. We understand your need to be appreciated and challenged. Which is why we’ve developed an award-winning culture over the past 20 years that allows individuals to feel highly valued and happy, all while doing their best work.
How about an industry?
Everyday, clients arrive at our doorstep with big ideas for their industry. They’re experts in their field with the vision and resources you need to change everything. All that’s left is the right team to bring that vision to life. If you’re a fast learner and you love working on a wide variety of projects, you’re going to like it here.
What about the way you work?
At Praxent, we let you do your work your way, all with a diverse and brilliant team of experts. Our role is to encourage you, support you, and give you the freedom you need to thrive. Whether you’re working at home, in a coffee shop, or heck, even your car, we’re here to create an environment that lets you live your best life. On your terms. At Praxent, we care about our clients, and we care about each other too.
It might be time to change jobs. Maybe even an industry or two.
Who You Are
- An enthusiastic and hungry developer, capable of implementing changes at all layers of the software stack including database, services, and user interfaces.
- You care about implementing polished web experiences across multiple form factors.
- You have implemented whole features while working with an architect or senior developer.
- You have estimated work before, and can reasonably judge the complexity of a feature
- You have delivered work to production in an agile development team.
- You are energized by the fact that client needs might change and that the backlog will evolve.
- You’re comfortable suggesting alternative modes of implementation if you think it will provide a better customer and client experience.
- You thrive when you are providing development services within constraints.
- You continuously seek to improve the world around you.
What You’ll Do
- Design stable, reliable and effective relational and non-relational databases, ETL processes and data streaming solutions.
- Monitor the performance of new and existing data integration services to ensure appropriate performance, to correct errors, to isolate areas for improvement, and for general debugging.
- Create business workflows and end-to-end high level scenarios.
- Translate business requirement documentation into technical design specifications.
- Create documentation, including source-to-target mappings and business-driven transformation rules.
- Use an array of languages such as SQL, PL/SQL, and others depending on specific requirements, in analyzing, designing, testing, and modifying application software for enhanced functionality and productivity.
- Foster a spirit of learning that promotes growth, research, and implementation of new technologies.
- Participate in Release implementation planning and production support turnover.
- Use practical knowledge of various ETL tools, software languages, and platforms, and apply design specifications techniques.
- Actively participate in analyzing, planning, designing, developing and testing applications for software enhancements and new changes.
- Build your skill-set in a collaborative, team-focused environment.
We'd Love To Hear From You If
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent background or experience.
- 3+ years of experience in SQL, PL/SQL, or T-SQL database development, with an emphasis on data warehouse methodologies and technologies.
- 3+ years of experience in an industry-standard ETL tool (SAP DI / Informatica / SSIS / Data Stage / Power Exchange).
- Experience working with Python and AWS Lambda functions
- In-depth understanding of data management (e.g. permissions, recovery, security and monitoring).
- Experience working with core banking products and financial services preferred.
- Understands relational database, client server concepts, and software development life cycle methodology (preferably Agile Scrum).
- Scripted SFTP file transmissions on Unix/Linux based platform a plus.
- Previous agency experience and experience working in software teams with Agile, Scrum, and Kanban methodologies preferred.
What You’ll Love About Us
- Stability. We've been in business for over 20 years.
- Work stays at work. We promote a healthy work/life balance to help ensure you have the time that you need. We encourage no more than a 40 hour work week.
- Great company culture. We’ve been recognized by Texas Monthly, Clutch, Comparably, and more for the quality of our workplace. Feel free to check out our rating on Glassdoor.
- We’re here to enable you. It’s your work and your career. Our management team is here to help you become who you want to be. Not to micromanage you.
- We value your ideas. At Praxent, our doors are always open. Need help? Come on in. Have a vision for the future of the company? We’d love to hear it.
- You’re more than an employee, you’re a person. Every co-worker you’ll meet is committed to treating you with respect and kindness. You won’t hear stuff like, “It’s just business.”
If Praxent sounds like the place for you, we’d love to have you.