Unique opportunities await.
The opportunity to change entire industries with your design expertise. The opportunity to collaborate with kind, creative people who genuinely care about your growth and well-being. The opportunity to perform on your own terms–to work how you want and to build a team your way.
An opportunity to do things differently.
Here at Praxent, we care about our clients. But so does every digital agency. What sets us apart is the way we care about each other. Chosen as one of the Best Places to Work in Texas five different times, our diverse and brilliant team of experts is steady and growing. Now, we’re asking you to come along for the ride.
If you’re a person who loves new challenges and the description below sounds familiar, apply today. We’d love to build something new with you.
Who You Are
- You love to lead. You blend a big picture vision of the future with a pragmatic eye for the present. It’s inspiring. It motivates the masses
- You’re a juggler. Not pins but priorities. You balance the considerations of clients and vendors alike. You make sure your team gets what they need to collaborate with others.
- You know your stuff. You have more than a deep knowledge for UX Design, UI Design, and UX Research–you have the passion and perspective to apply it properly.
- A steady voice. Through times of ambiguity or uncertainty, your expertise carries the weight and calmness needed to comfort others.
- Problems give you purpose. You feel energized planning ambitious projects.
- You see the value of good design. Because you view it as a return on investment. You understand why high quality design leads to dollars and cents.
- Open to input. You don’t build a wall around your ideas. You’re comfortable hearing constructive criticism from both your supervisors and your peers.
- You want change. Big change at that. And you’re okay with the effort required to do things differently.
- A solution storyteller. Not only can you help your team come up with brilliant solutions, you can shape the story of how they came to be.
- You have a taste for process. Like a good chef, you excel at taking different ingredients (evolving goals and demands) and turning them into a repeatable recipe.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Growing out the gang. You’ll be building out the design team; both with bodies and with better practices. You’ll set new standards and get your people to buy in.
- Creating delightful experiences. Not just in design, but for our clients IRL. You’ll shepherd them through the entire life cycle of their product; from sale to send-off.
- Designing products that pay. You don’t just own the delivery of pixel perfect designs to your clients–you make sure they’re delivered in a profitable manner.
- Building a better brand. Your design expertise will be called on for the creative direction of the company. How should Praxent present itself visually? How should we showcase our work?
- Forecasting the future. You can spot what makes a successful project from a mile away. You help sales with proper estimations and proper starts to every project.
- Navigating toward calmer waters. When active client work or internal projects get a little choppy, your resolutions always steady the ship.
- Share your vision and wisdom. You challenge convention, you keep things creative, and you share all the exciting reasons why. We know what you know.
- Managing many. Whether it’s priorities or people, you make sure every person and every project is set up to be successful.
We’d Love to Hear From You If (Job Requirements)
- You have 12+ years experience with product design and user research. Do you eat, sleep, and dream design? Are your dreams super weird and creative? If you’ve had hands-on, digital design experience for more than a decade–we’d love to hear from you.
- You have 4+ years of design management. Have you managed the many needs of a design team? Have you fostered their hopes? Cultivated their potential? Bonus points if you’ve done this for leaders as well.
- You call Austin home. Working remotely is celebrated at Praxent, but leadership has different demands. You’ll need to be in the central-Austin office at least 80% of the time.
- You want a seat at the table. You’re interested in sales, and all the touchpoint meetings thereafter. You want to sit alongside other disciplines and present a unified and collaborative vision for every project.
- You know the trends but don’t need to follow them. You are up-to-date on the latest design trends and best practices. You also know the best design solution is the right one.
- You’re competent to the core. You understand the foundational principles of web and mobile design–from user experience to interaction design to information architecture to content strategy and on.
- You communicate ever so clearly. Your presentations are pristine, powerful, and persuasive. (You love alliteration.) More importantly, you listen. It’s how you always know what to say.
- Authorized to work in the U.S.
What You’ll Love About Us (Benefits and Perks)
- Work stays at work. We promote a healthy work/life balance to help ensure you have the time that you need. We encourage no more than 40 hours a week.
- Great company culture. We’ve been recognized by Texas Monthly, Clutch, Comparably, and more for the quality of our workplace. Feel free to check out our rating on Glassdoor.
- We’re here to enable you. It’s your work and your career. Our management team is here to help you become who you want to be. Not to micromanage you.
- Stay Healthy. We offer medical, dental, and vision coverage as well as sick days. We also provide disability insurance and we even have a wellness program.
- Plan for the future. We don’t want you to work here forever. Save for retirement with an IRA and we’ll match up to 3% every year.
- We value your ideas. At Praxent, our doors are always open. Need help? Come on in. Have a vision for the future of the company? We’d love to hear it.
- Rest and relaxation. Employees enjoy 15 days of PTO, 9 US holidays, 3 sick days, and a closed office the last week of the year. Employees earn more PTO each year.
- Professional development. Want to continue your education? Praxent pays for classes, conferences, and more.
- You’re more than an employee, you’re a person. Every co-worker you’ll meet is committed to treating you with respect and kindness. You won’t hear stuff like, “It’s just business.”
- Family Values. Praxent is a certified Mother Friendly Worksite and we’ll provide paid parental leave.
- Hackathon. Twice per year we take a break from client work and do what we want.
If Praxent sounds like the place for you, we’d love to have you. When you apply write which one of our core values resonates with you the most.