What Would You Like to Change?
Everyday, clients arrive at our doorstep with big ideas for their industry. They’re experts in their field with the vision and resources you need to change everything. All that’s left is the right team to bring that vision to life. If you’re a fast learner and you love working on a wide variety of projects, you’re going to like it here.
What about the way you work?
At Praxent, we let you do your work your way. Our role is to encourage you, support you, and give you the freedom you need to thrive. Whether you’re working at home, in a coffee shop, or heck, even your car, we’re here to create an environment that lets you live your best life. On your terms.
What about who you work with?
Our hiring philosophy is simple: hire good people who are great at their craft. Give them fun problems to solve. Trust them be their best. It’s a level of autonomy and respect that’s helped us grow a diverse and brilliant team of experts. Experts who also happen to be some of the best colleagues you’ve ever worked alongside. At Praxent, we care about our clients, and we care about each other too.
How about your career?
Now that you know a little about us, we’d love to hear more about you. If you’re passionate about learning new things and the position below sounds like you, you should definitely apply.
Who You Are
An experienced QA Automation professional who wants to help create and lead our QA practices. The right candidate has the opportunity to have a significant impact on our clients, products, and 70+ team members across the United States and Central/South America.
As a Senior Quality Assurance Automation Engineer, your mission is to increase quality, speed to release, and the cost-effectiveness of our products by building Automation Testing into our well established engineering practice. To do this, you will work as an individual contributor (building and executing scripts), and as a peer leader collaborating with:
- The Director of Engineering, to define a 3 year plan for building out the QA organization
- Delivery Leads, to define and refine requirements
- QA Testers, to implement the tests you write (and provide mentorship)
- Engineers, to facilitate the deployment and monitoring of the products we build
What You’ll Do
- Create, maintain, and document test plans for front-end and back-end cloud applications
- Collaborate with Delivery Leads and Engineers to define functional/non-functional requirements based on user stories
- Write automated testing scripts intended to be executed by more junior automated testers: ensure scripts are simple to understand, flexible to modify and intuitive to implement
- Automate test plans and test cases based on the business requirements, user stories and technical specifications
- Implement, monitor, and report on key metrics (i.e., quality, coverage, defect-rate, performance, etc.)
- Facilitate deployment of products through use of automation and continuous integration practices
- Participate in ad hoc and other manual testing efforts designed to test end-to-end scenarios that are harder to automate
- Mentor Automation-aspiring testers
- Continuously improve and streamline the testing automation process
- Research emerging tools and methodologies to reduce manual testing effort
We'd Love To Hear From You If You Have
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information Technology; relevant experience can be substituted for educational degree
- 6+ years experience in multiple testing techniques (i.e., functional, regression, integration, smoke, performance, exploratory)
- 4+ years in-depth experience writing and executing automated tests from software requirements
- Experience in iterative development and scrum rituals (i.e., sprint planning, estimation, backlog grooming)
- Extensive experience with QA Test Tools and Frameworks (i.e., Selenium, Cucumber, or otherwise)
- Experience with code build, deployments and version control tools (GIT related)
- Strong experience in testing and deployment with Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment environments
- Advanced experience within Mac/Linux environment
What You’ll Love About Us:
- Work stays at work. We promote a healthy work/life balance to help ensure you have the time that you need. We encourage no more than a 40 hour work week.
- Great company culture. We’ve been recognized by Texas Monthly, Clutch, Comparably, and more for the quality of our workplace. Feel free to check out our rating on Glassdoor.
- We’re here to enable you. It’s your work and your career. Our management team is here to help you become who you want to be. Not to micromanage you.
- Stay Healthy. We offer medical, dental, and vision coverage as well as sick days. We also provide disability insurance and we even have a wellness program.
- Plan for the future. We don’t want you to work here forever. Save for retirement with an IRA and we’ll match up to 3% every year.
- We value your ideas. At Praxent, our doors are always open. Need help? Come on in. Have a vision for the future of the company? We’d love to hear it.
- Rest and relaxation. Employees enjoy 15 days of PTO, 9 US holidays, 3 sick days, and a closed office the last week of the year.
- Professional development. Want to continue your education? Praxent pays for classes, conferences, and more.
- You’re more than an employee, you’re a person. Every co-worker you’ll meet is committed to treating you with respect and kindness. You’ll never hear stuff like, “It’s just business.”
- Family Values. Praxent is a certified Mother Friendly Worksite and we’ll provide paid parental leave.
- Hackathon. Twice per year we take a break from client work and do what we want.
If Praxent sounds like the place for you, we’d love to have you. In your application, include which of our core values resonates with you most. Want to know more? Check out our careers page.