Unique opportunities await.
The opportunity to change entire industries with your engineering expertise. The opportunity to collaborate with kind, creative people who genuinely care about your growth and well-being. The opportunity to perform on your own terms–to work how you want, when you want, so you can live life your way.
An opportunity to do things differently.
Here at Praxent, we care about our clients. But so does every digital agency. What sets us apart is the way we care about each other. Chosen as one of the Best Places to Work in Texas five different times, our diverse and brilliant team of experts is steady and growing. Now, we’re asking you to come along for the ride.
If you’re a person who loves new challenges and the description below sounds familiar, apply today. We’d love to build something new with you.
Who You Are (Personality Type)
- You care about code. You feel energized engineering and implementing changes across multiple form factors.
- You’re not afraid of commitment. To dev environments and to others. You stand by your word.
- Constantly updating. You’re always evolving your knowledge; you work well in ever-changing environments.
- An outspoken advocate. You speak up when you see a better solution.
- You don’t get boxed in. You do creative work (even with constraints).
- An expert sharer. You love sharing what you know with others; about engineering and your interests.
- You live by a code of your own. One of service. You genuinely care about the needs of your clients and coworkers. Your honor depends on it.
- You want change. BIG CHANGE. You know it takes effort to improve the world around you.
- An engineer of efficiency. You work at a high-level without waste. You can get it right the first time.
- High standards, humble head. You expect the best from yourself. You don’t get a big head when you are.
- Proactive, proactive, proactive. We won’t micromanage you. You like that because you get results without being told what to do.
What You’ll Be Doing (Job Tasks)
- Developing, debugging, testing–doing it again. You work with developers, designers, and product managers to create complete software built with integrity.
- Getting into the scrum of things. You work on agile project teams. You scrum to deliver software and all of its enhancements.
- Playing detective. You get to the bottom of things. You perform root-cause analysis to create elegant solutions for software and business problems.
- Defining + documenting. What is it? How does it work? You can write out any non-functional requirements.
- Communicating and collaborating clearly. You speak freely and openly in helpful, solution-focused ways.
- Doing it all. You implement whole features. You can do it working with an architect or another senior developer.
- Eyeing and estimating. You estimate work accurately. Its complexity doesn’t phase you.
- Sharing your wisdom. No two projects are alike. You teach us what you learn from each one, so we can all get better together.
We’d Love to Hear From You If (Job Requirements)
- You have 5+ years experience in software engineering. Experience is commensurate with skill. If you’re a world-class coder, let us know.
- More specifically, 5+ years experience in all of these wild worlds. JAVA RESTful API development, the Spring Framework, Hibernate, Maven, Linux Operating Systems (i.e. Mac), MySQL.
- You have 3+ years experience building React+Redux applications. Experience is still commensurate with skill.
- Special Bonus Round! Do you know Docker? Jenkins? Vagrant+VirtualBox? Liquibase? A special prize is headed your way!
- You’re comfortable with command. Not because we’re going to boss you around. But because you feel good on Linux/Unix command line.
- Automating feels automatic. When it comes to Git, Gulp, NPM, Bower, and others–web tooling and automation seems simple.
- You’re working with a stacked deck. You can implement changes at all layers of the software stack; including database, services, and user interfaces.
- You have that paper or you’re a pro. You have a bachelor’s degree or 2-4 years of relevant experience.
- Authorized to work in the U.S.
- Final Bonus Round! It’d be nice if you had the following know-how: devOps/sysOps, an advanced understanding of object oriented and MVC principles, and you feel good working in JIRA.
What You’ll Love About Us (Benefits and Perks)
- Work stays at work. We promote a healthy work/life balance to help ensure you have the time that you need. We encourage no more than 40 hours a week.
- Great company culture. We’ve been recognized by Texas Monthly, Clutch, Comparably, and more for the quality of our workplace. Feel free to check out our rating on Glassdoor.
- We’re here to enable you. It’s your work and your career. Our management team is here to help you become who you want to be. Not to micromanage you.
- Stay Healthy. We offer medical, dental, and vision coverage as well as sick days. We also provide disability insurance and we even have a wellness program.
- Plan for the future. We don’t want you to work here forever. Save for retirement with an IRA and we’ll match up to 3% every year.
- We value your ideas. At Praxent, our doors are always open. Need help? Come on in. Have a vision for the future of the company? We’d love to hear it.
- Rest and relaxation. Employees enjoy 15 days of PTO, 9 US holidays, 3 sick days, and a closed office the last week of the year. Employees earn more PTO each year.
- Professional development. Want to continue your education? Praxent pays for classes, conferences, and more.
- You’re more than an employee, you’re a person. Every co-worker you’ll meet is committed to treating you with respect and kindness. You won’t hear stuff like, “It’s just business.”
- Family Values. Praxent is a certified Mother Friendly Worksite and we’ll provide paid parental leave.
- Hackathon. Twice per year we take a break from client work and do what we want.
If Praxent sounds like the place for you, we’d love to have you. Write which one of our core values resonates with you the most when you apply.